LS320 series guitars!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HAMAMATSU

Reaction score
8) i have been with tokai in many years since i work at the music store here in japan but i havent seen any LS320 series guitars personally yet. only on the pictures. people here talk about their 320 series, how great they are. how lucky they are that they own one today. i am sure they are really great quality tokai guitars with a great mojo. so can you please tell us here about yours how sweet they are and if possible, leave the pictures here too. thank you very much! the LS320 series are, 300/320/380/420/470/540?

HAMAMATSU said:
8) i have been with tokai in many years since i work at the music store here in japan but i havent seen any LS320 series guitars personally yet. only on the pictures. people here talk about their 320 series, how great they are. how lucky they are that they own one today. i am sure they are really great quality tokai guitars with a great mojo. so can you please tell us here about yours how sweet they are and if possible, leave the pictures here too. thank you very much! the LS320 series are, 300/320/380/420/470/540?

I disagree with that statement; why?

I consider a LS-320 to be the actual model number (320) that was produced by order only, during the 1996/1997 to 2004/2005 time frame, that also has FEB.

Sure, it's a technicality but it's also not a 320, unless it is a 320, and with FEB; IMO.

YMMV :)

Did they do the inlays by hand on the 320 series or do they have the fills at the corners like machine made ??

15cjxqr.jpg

Thanks for the info guys. I have a 2005 LS150F that has a very few corner blobs, not as bad as the ones in the picture i posted mind you, but they are there. It's a wonderful guitar and I don't mind them because it's a middle of the road higher spec guitar and was only around $1000 U.S. with it's case. I don't think i'd buy a 300 + series Tokai that wasn't more obviously hand made. I just would expect more, even though i don't HAVE to have nibs. It's funny how particular we can be.

8) seems like the early 320s have the inlays that are different from the later ones? this early one is very beautiful, exotic looking i think. anyone can explain?

The 420 and 540 look identical except for pickups. I would probably swap out the pickups anyways. I wonder if there is any other difference?

aroomstudios said:
The 420 and 540 look identical except for pickups. I would probably swap out the pickups anyways. I wonder if there is any other difference?

the only difference in verbiage within the respective descriptions are the pickups.

with a ~$1143 higher MSRP (at current X-rates) the 540 will get you Rolphs.
Is a set of Rolphs in the 540 worth the extra $1100+ over a set of SH-55s in the 420? :lol:

My 2000 LS-320 came with SH-55s and I would not change them for anything else. 8)

Latest posts

Back