Quick and hopefully easy question about maxon/greco pickups

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

impetustheimpaler

Reaction score
I have a 1980 greco eg700 and I'm trying to figure out what pickups are in it...this model was suppose to have u2000 pickups but the bridge has an uppercase "A" stamped on it so I'm thinking it may be a pu-2 pickup but they don't have the pu-2 engraving on the bottom...any thoughts? Have you guys ever seen a u2000 pup with a stamped "A"?

I have an "A" stamped pickup without the PU-2 marka as well. I bought it advertised as as a used PU-2 and it has an Alnico magnet but nothing in 100% certain.

impetustheimpaler said:
I have a 1980 greco eg700 and I'm trying to figure out what pickups are in it...this model was suppose to have u2000 pickups but the bridge has an uppercase "A" stamped on it so I'm thinking it may be a pu-2 pickup but they don't have the pu-2 engraving on the bottom...any thoughts? Have you guys ever seen a u2000 pup with a stamped "A"?

is there the typical six digit ink stamp on the base?

Just noticed; this is a necro thread :lol: .......... OP member hasn't posted here @ the TF in 8 months

Back