2007 Gold Top w P90`s MiJ?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Piyak

Reaction score
A friend of mine asked me if I wanted to buy his Tokai goldtop. It is a Love Rocks. Serial number is 0712731 and it has Made in Japan stamped in black letters at the base of the headstock. It has 2 screws on the truss rod cover. I dont know where to find the LS number. He asked for 1000 dollars canadian and I dont know if thats a fair price. Where would I find the LS number and are there any real concerns as to its authenticity as far as MIJ?

Piyak said:
A friend of mine asked me if I wanted to buy his Tokai goldtop. It is a Love Rocks. Serial number is 0712731 and it has Made in Japan stamped in black letters at the base of the headstock. It has 2 screws on the truss rod cover. I dont know where to find the LS number. He asked for 1000 dollars canadian and I dont know if thats a fair price. Where would I find the LS number and are there any real concerns as to its authenticity as far as MIJ?

Here is a link to pictures

https://we.tl/TrvQc6MRCC

It's legit, no problem there. Not sure what it's value would be in your market, maybe someone else can help.

Value would be pushed up because of the good condition and un-dimpled (i.e. more Gibson-like) headstock.

It looks like the highest model possible LS165S. I can't see the pics well but it would be easy to confrim this by checking if the back is 1 piece or more. If it only has a 1 piece back then it is a LS165S. With the Tokai Cali case included and if the guitar is in good condition, i'd pay $1000 Canadian all day long, and i'm a pretty frugal mf'r.

Latest posts

Back