• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS: Tokai Goldstar Sound '84 - Fender '64 pickups

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PrettyBlue1

Reaction score
Hello,

Haven't been here in a while. Currently cleaning out my Tokai collection, I have a few guitars for sale that might be interesting for Tokai collectors. Here's the first one I'd like to sell:

1984 Tokai Goldstar Sound Strat, vintage white, 7.25" radius, Fender '64 reissue pickups.

First year of the new logo, last year of the old original headstock. Has an L serial number. Had it since '97 or so. The previous owner took it apart and repainted it (in a horrible orange) but never put it back together again. I bought it, sanded the body down to its original color and gave it a few coats of clear lacquer.

Great condition. Pickups back then had already been replaced with a Fender custom shop '64 Reissue set, so that's a plus, although the original ones were, without a doubt, good too.

The neck has a round-lam (or veneer) rosewood fretboard, radius is 7,25" and all frets are in good shape. Truss rod adjustment is at the heel. The headstock shows a few tiny holes, the previous owner must have mounted a string lock on it during the 80's, however they never installed a Kahler or Floyd bridge on it. Big block vintage bridge with Tokais 'Final Prospec' saddles.

Guitar has been part of my Tokai collection ever since, never played it much though, since the 7,25" radius is not really my thing. Guitar comes with an original early 80's tweed case, which is in great shape itself too.

Asking € 895 (or $ 950 or GBP 715) incl. case / ex shipping, but any decent and serious offer will be considered.

I'll try to post the URL right away.

In case any of you would like to receive the original images by email, please send me a message at: [email protected]

Thanks for your updates guys. I guess it has something to do with the new Data Protection Regulation Thing from the EU. I have trouble getting here too. I will open an Instagram (or other) account and post the images there too, so hopefully everyone then can see what I am selling.

Any suggestions on a good image server?

Latest posts

Back