Bacchus SG

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aroomstudios

Reaction score
I have been thinking about getting a SG. I own a bunch of Tokai's (Les Pauls, Teles, Strats, J-bass, P-bass, acoustics) and one Burny (Les Paul). I love both brands. Tokai is great if you know what you are looking for and I do. Burny can be hit and miss I hear. I only own one and it is a good one. Maybe I got luck.

Anyways, I was looking at a early 80's Burny SG RSG-75 which sold a month ago (should have bought that one). They are around $400-500 USD when you find a good deal on one. The Tokai's from that time are double that. Bacchus makes a bunch of SG guitars. If I want a old one what is a good one to get? And how to you tell the year with them? I also, might be interested in a Bacchus Tele if they made one piece ones back in the 80's.

Let me know what ones to look for?

PS

I know nothing about Bacchus right now. Like nothing.

Is this model good Bacchus BSG-STD Pelham Blue SG I see they are advertised on ebay from around $1,000 USD. Not completed sold though. Yeah, I know these are new ones. Just wondering though.

i-img970x407-1526983589d8vztk388629.jpg

I have a BSG Handmade Classic Series that is one of my favorite guitars. Original pickups were pretty bad. The guitar itself is super resonant and light and sounds “old”. I replaced pickups with Rewind Low Wind. As good as my Gibson and 80s Tokai Guitars.

The 90s Burny Guitars are fantastic. At least in my limited experience, a SG and a RSA. Had a late 80s Les Paul and it also was a great guitar, just hated the finish. I sold the SG to a friend who also owned a ‘61 RI Gibson and he loved the Burny. The Burny had WCR Pickups in it.

I have a BSG Handmade Classic Series that is one of my favorite guitars. Original pickups were pretty bad. The guitar itself is super resonant and light and sounds “old”. I replaced pickups with Rewind Low Wind. As good as my Gibson and 80s Tokai Guitars.

The 90s Burny Guitars are fantastic. At least in my limited experience, a SG and a RSA. Had a late 80s Les Paul and it also was a great guitar, just hated the finish. I sold the SG to a friend who also owned a ‘61 RI Gibson and he loved the Burny. The Burny had WCR Pickups in it.

Latest posts

Back