Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bacchus SG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Bacchus/Momose/Deviser
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aroomstudios
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:09 pm    Post subject: Bacchus SG Reply with quote

I have been thinking about getting a SG. I own a bunch of Tokai's (Les Pauls, Teles, Strats, J-bass, P-bass, acoustics) and one Burny (Les Paul). I love both brands. Tokai is great if you know what you are looking for and I do. Burny can be hit and miss I hear. I only own one and it is a good one. Maybe I got luck.

Anyways, I was looking at a early 80's Burny SG RSG-75 which sold a month ago (should have bought that one). They are around $400-500 USD when you find a good deal on one. The Tokai's from that time are double that. Bacchus makes a bunch of SG guitars. If I want a old one what is a good one to get? And how to you tell the year with them? I also, might be interested in a Bacchus Tele if they made one piece ones back in the 80's.

Let me know what ones to look for?

PS

I know nothing about Bacchus right now. Like nothing.

Is this model good Bacchus BSG-STD Pelham Blue SG I see they are advertised on ebay from around $1,000 USD. Not completed sold though. Yeah, I know these are new ones. Just wondering though.

peacock72
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a BSG Handmade Classic Series that is one of my favorite guitars. Original pickups were pretty bad. The guitar itself is super resonant and light and sounds “old”. I replaced pickups with Rewind Low Wind. As good as my Gibson and 80s Tokai Guitars.

The 90s Burny Guitars are fantastic. At least in my limited experience, a SG and a RSA. Had a late 80s Les Paul and it also was a great guitar, just hated the finish. I sold the SG to a friend who also owned a ‘61 RI Gibson and he loved the Burny. The Burny had WCR Pickups in it.
peacock72
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a BSG Handmade Classic Series that is one of my favorite guitars. Original pickups were pretty bad. The guitar itself is super resonant and light and sounds “old”. I replaced pickups with Rewind Low Wind. As good as my Gibson and 80s Tokai Guitars.

The 90s Burny Guitars are fantastic. At least in my limited experience, a SG and a RSA. Had a late 80s Les Paul and it also was a great guitar, just hated the finish. I sold the SG to a friend who also owned a ‘61 RI Gibson and he loved the Burny. The Burny had WCR Pickups in it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Bacchus/Momose/Deviser All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: