Bacchus LP Junior Double Cut

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcusnieman

Reaction score
I know they're rare as hen's teeth but I'm going to try anyway. Anyone out there with one they care to part with? I'm interested.

hey Marcus, you know me & we are all cool but you also know that Bacchus 2 cut Jrs. are non existant; even 1 cut Bacchus Jrs. are pretty much the rarest of MIJ

the great thing about MIJ is that Deviser & Bacchus have produced some of the best Fender & Gibson copies/replicas, yet most folks STILL have no idea how good these guitars really are

U will B looking a very long time for either; sleeper guitars, sleepers

actually, pretty much anything Deviser is a 'sleeper' because it seems most folks interested in MIJ are interested in 'old' MIJ, which is their loss and their ignorance :lol:

You're absolutely right about that. I shall continue the hunt though - either that or start playing the lottery where my odds are far better at a million to one! I just pulled the trigger on a white single cut Burny (Rock n Roll era) Junior in great shape. Will have it later this week.

:wink:

Hey Marcus, I sold my Bacchus BLJ-59V CR (Double Cut LP Jr.), serial # range 100***, nearly three years ago.
It was a great guitar with a 1 piece body but the neck thickness was not my cup-O-tea; too thin, like a Strat really :cry:
If it would have had a nice, chunky neck like a Jr. is known for, I would most likely have kept it.

All of the Bacchus' I've hand and still have, came with fairly chunky necks. I had a Classic Series Les Paul that had a huge neck - like a 58. It was too big for me and I sold it. That's the problem with buying a guitar without playing it first - you get your hopes up that it's just what you're looking for and then find out it isn't. That's a real bummer.

I don't recall if there was a DC Junior in the Classic Series - I know they were available in the earlier Live Road series.

marcusnieman said:
All of the Bacchus' I've hand and still have, came with fairly chunky necks. I had a Classic Series Les Paul that had a huge neck - like a 58. It was too big for me and I sold it. That's the problem with buying a guitar without playing it first - you get your hopes up that it's just what you're looking for and then find out it isn't. That's a real bummer.

I don't recall if there was a DC Junior in the Classic Series - I know they were available in the earlier Live Road series.

from my experience there is certainly a (typical) difference in neck thickness for Bacchus examples for their Gibson style guitars. This difference is quite noticeable comparing the 100*** examples to the 102*** examples.

This correlates in a time frame of Bacchus production that transitioned from BLS-120 examples as being their top level LP STD type, to the BLS-59 being their next top level LP STD type.

Comparing examples within the above serial # range I have documented increase of neck thickness in a range of .025" to .050", 1 mm to 2 mm, and some examples even more.
IMO that is quite a difference, especially when you play the examples and can feel the difference, when playing.

My BLJ-59V CR was .850" at the 1st fret. If it would have been a minimum 1 mm thicker at fret 1 it would potentially been a keeper, for me. If it would have been 2 mm thicker at fret 1, I most likely would still have it.

Thank's for that!

My Burny LP Jr single cut just arrived. GORGEOUS aged white finish - almost cream in color.

But alas, it's got a thin 60's neck profile - too small for me. Neck width is fine but there is no meat on the backside to fill my palm. I'm really bummed because I sooooo wanted this one to be the one.

it's nearly always a crap shoot for neck thickness; why?

the greatest majority of those that will sell a guitar won't go the extra mile to actually offer a potential buyer very specific neck thickness measurements.

I measure my necks like the BOTB does, at the 1st & 11th frets so, if I pass along a guitar to a new owner they know before they buy. :)

the typical thing in guitardom, or as it should more appropriately be describe, 'guitardumb' :lol: are common descriptors like thin, thick, medium, 58, 59, 60, etc., which in reality don't mean much at all.

I didn't know they were that rare... i have one in a mint/cream white. Bought it off fellow forum member wulfman here in Canada. If i ever need to get rid of it you've got dibs. Here's one of his pictures from the ad.

k9f980.jpg

Back