1980 LS-120 Reborn Old Custom Order

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_JDZ

Reaction score
Took a chance on this one, as there was no way to verify exactly what it was and only had a few bad pics to go on. So wasn't sure exactly what would show up.

Here's what I found:
Veneer flame top, one piece back, original electronics and Dimarzios, rosewood board, MOP inlays.

Repaired break/crack at base of the headstock. Repair looks well done but blurs out SN (0007916) and there are just traces of the 'Reborn Old'.

Really like the way this guitar plays, sounds and looks, big neck profile as well. There is checking all over the guitar, but don't see it unless hold in the right light.

DSC01817 by JDZ, on Flickr

DSC01828 by JDZ, on Flickr

DSC01793m by JDZ, on Flickr

DSC01829 by JDZ, on Flickr

DSC01835 by JDZ, on Flickr

DSC01801 by JDZ, on Flickr

DSC01837 by JDZ, on Flickr

DSC01815 by JDZ, on Flickr

DSC01788m by JDZ, on Flickr

DSC01831 by JDZ, on Flickr

that guitar has a whole lot of 'different' going on; even has a position marker at fret 10 :eek: instead of fret 9

that is one rare bird :p

Thanks!

I emailed Tokai to see if they knew any background on it.
Got a nice email back confirming the model:

Thanks for your inquiry to Tokai Gakki.
As long as I check the old brochure, There are 3 models of Flamed Top, LS120V/LS150V/LS200V in 1980-1981.
LS120V is the only laminated top model among the model.
Considering its serial Number, I also presume the model is LS120V.
But the model adopts different inlays on Fignerboard, it is obviously customized one.
I am afraid that it is impossible to know what is the other change on the model, since it is more than 35 years ago.

I hope the info is helpful.

:D

Back