Bacchus Vintage Series V. Bacchus Classic Series Stop Tails

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitar hiro

Tokai Supporter
Reaction score
Bacchus Vintage Series Gibson style guitars typically have factory original light weight aluminum tails pieces. Some examples are BLS-120, BEX-58, BFT-58, BSG, BLS-59, BLS-54, etc.

The later Bacchus Classic Series Gibson style guitars seem to typically have original zinc tail pieces which are a bit heavier.

I have yet to make a weight comparison between the above two different factory tail pieces but I did purchase a couple of GOTOH aluminum tail pieces to replace the zinc parts on some Classic Series BLPs.

I weighed both of the new aluminum GOTOH tail pieces & they both weigh in at 28 grams.

I also weighed an old zinc tail piece from an early 1980s Greco Mint Collection EG (assuming it is a comparable weight to the Classic Series tail pieces) and it weighs in at 68 grams; 40 grams heavier than the GOTOH aluminum examples.

Looking forward to getting one of the lighter weight GOTOHs installed on one of the Classic Series BLPs to find out what the 'sonic' difference will be.

finally got around to exchanging the BLP-STD zinc tail piece with the GOTOH light weight aluminum tail piece.
The BLP tail piece weighed 83 grams, 55 heavier than the 28 gram GOTOH. That is basically a 2 ounce difference.
The GOTOH aluminum tail piece lessens the brightness & also the attack of the strings which I like, as I thought the guitar was very 'bright' and I thought the attack was a bit harsh.
Very happy with the sonic results & the guitar is now 2 ounces lighter 8)

Recently obtained a GOTOH GE101A Relic (Age Nickle) tail piece for my Bacchus BLP-FM Relic.

Same part number as the GOTOH aluminum tail piece I previously purchased but with an aged factory finish that is perfect for the Bacchus. :D

If you can find one of these BLP-FM models you owe it to yourself to grab one 8) but change out the tail piece to a GOTOH aluminum example.

Latest posts

Back