Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guitars Made in Japan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johntimber
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:57 am    Post subject: Guitars Made in Japan Reply with quote

Hi,

I've two Japanese made Electric guitars from the 70's and 80's (so hard to date exactly) and both have been absolutely fantastic. I also have a number of Acoustics Guitars from a similar vintage (ibanez, Kasuga, Aria, Hayakawa and Takeharu) have to say they are great as well.
But focusing on the electrics, one is an Aria - Les Paul copy Speckled Gold Top, it has a bolt on neck with twin humbuckers. Sounds great plays great and looks great - i cant establish the year but I'm told it is mid 70's.
The other is an Aria Pro II, RS Straycat (production dates puts it between 1984-1986) this is also loaded with twin humbuckers and sounds awesome, has a coil tap, with a push pull selector.
Both are all original, except the les paul which didn't have the plastic nib on the selector switch when i got it, i got one from the music store and it fit like a glove (colour is a bit off - but works).
I have read good things about Japanese guitars but was originally concerned that they were the equivalent of todays Chinese knock offs.
I am pleased to say they are outstanding instruments.
Interested to know what others think about them and their experiences?

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
http://www.guitarsbyleo.com/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=14544
Motion graphics service

Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: