Need help identifying this Tokai Love Rock model.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GloomLeader

Reaction score
Hello, fellow musicians or guitar enthusiasts.

I bought my Tokai guitar way back in 2012 absolutely spontaneously - I'd wanted to order another guitar, but it turned out to be out of stock so I decided to choose this Tokai which was available right there in the guitar shop. It had no documentation of any kind or any informational inlay, so it still exists as a big mystery for me because searching and browsing through different forums and sites hasn't helped me identify it.

All I can provide you with are some photos of all the basic features of this guitar. (This is a cloud-based folder with all the photos)

https://yadi.sk/d/N23cbCrP3TjNt8

Judging by the trident-like tip of its headstock and three-screw arch-shaped TRC I could only guess it's more of a contemporary model rather anything retro. In addition, the elements of the tune-o-matic bridge have the marks saying it's been made in Korea (the bridge, I mean).

Chinese, 2010.

Looks like it may have had a pickup swap so it might be worth looking underneath them for markings.

Paladin2019 said:
Chinese, 2010.

Looks like it may have had a pickup swap so it might be worth looking underneath them for markings.

Oh, ok... thank you, I thought as much.

And no, there weren't any swaps - I simply removed the cover from the bridge pickup a while ago (I know, I should've added a sentence about it in the post).

Well, I still would like to find out more about what kind of a model it is, because for all I've seen it looks an awful lot like"UALS50"

tokai-uals50-love-rock-les-paul-cherry-sunburst.jpg

But I have certain suspicions it's not that one. Mainly, I'm confused by the type of serial number on my Tokai and the beige backplates in comparison to the "UALS50".

Back