Need help identifying this Tokai Love Rock model.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GloomLeader

Reaction score
Hello, fellow musicians or guitar enthusiasts.

I bought my Tokai guitar way back in 2012 absolutely spontaneously - I'd wanted to order another guitar, but it turned out to be out of stock so I decided to choose this Tokai which was available right there in the guitar shop. It had no documentation of any kind or any informational inlay, so it still exists as a big mystery for me because searching and browsing through different forums and sites hasn't helped me identify it.

All I can provide you with are some photos of all the basic features of this guitar. (This is a cloud-based folder with all the photos)

https://yadi.sk/d/N23cbCrP3TjNt8

Judging by the trident-like tip of its headstock and three-screw arch-shaped TRC I could only guess it's more of a contemporary model rather anything retro. In addition, the elements of the tune-o-matic bridge have the marks saying it's been made in Korea (the bridge, I mean).

Chinese, 2010.

Looks like it may have had a pickup swap so it might be worth looking underneath them for markings.

Paladin2019 said:
Chinese, 2010.

Looks like it may have had a pickup swap so it might be worth looking underneath them for markings.

Oh, ok... thank you, I thought as much.

And no, there weren't any swaps - I simply removed the cover from the bridge pickup a while ago (I know, I should've added a sentence about it in the post).

Well, I still would like to find out more about what kind of a model it is, because for all I've seen it looks an awful lot like"UALS50"

tokai-uals50-love-rock-les-paul-cherry-sunburst.jpg

But I have certain suspicions it's not that one. Mainly, I'm confused by the type of serial number on my Tokai and the beige backplates in comparison to the "UALS50".

Latest posts

Back