• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD 1981 Tokai Breezy Sound - TE-80

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ampmaker

Reaction score
Bought in the early 2000s direct from Japan, this see-through blonde is the oldest Tokai I have left. It's gorgeous, but the number of times I pick up a Tele is so infrequent, that it's a waste to have it sitting doing nothing.

ZHTP5Ti.jpg

Spec - as far as I know - is: Sen (ash) body) nitro lacquer, brazilian rosewood fingerboard. Neck appears to be a C-profile - quite a handful. I think the bridge has been swapped out (there's a Tokai-stamped Tele bridge in the case.

2pAPUYo.jpg

Pickup(s) might be potted - I will undo the scratchplate and strings to photograph the innards ASAP.

'101nnnn' serial number dates to 1981. There are a small dings on the body edge, and a few small marks on the back of the body.

dNtswVr.jpg

It does need a setup. Strings are rattling a little.

Price: £850 + shipping. Includes the rectangular hard case shown.

NOW SOLD.

Nice see-through blonde.

Doubt the rosewood is from Brazil though.

Good luck with your sale. It's a beauty.

I'll try to clarify on the rosewood. I had thought at all of the upper models of the time were brazilian.

villager - CITES may make shipping to you tricky. I've not shipped outside of the UK for years, and everywhere I look, it's a nightmare!

I do not think customs will open packages between UK and France.Both are - still - members of EU :wink:
Don't worry about this.

CITES won't be a problem when shipping within EU.
But it'll be a bummer to see this guitar back up for sale with an inflated price in a while.

Some may call it a bummer while others call it clever :wink:
It is business if a guitar dealer is buying a guitar for a good price and offers it for another price because it is his job and he is paying his bills from the money he earns.
Negative comments about other forum members...hmmm dunno how I shall call this behavior :roll: just my 2 cents

Indeed, I bought this one from a dealer (I think it was retrobazar) originally, and I'm pretty sure I paid more than the guy the dealer bought it from. It's how the world works.

Hope it's with you soon.

ampmaker said:
Indeed, I bought this one from a dealer (I think it was retrobazar) originally, and I'm pretty sure I paid more than the guy the dealer bought it from. It's how the world works.

Hope it's with you soon.

Check for how much it's selling now... **** I was looking for one like that.

pylyo said:
ampmaker said:

Hope it's with you soon.

I agree, but we're in a zero-interest world with asset bubbles all over. So rare things will always change hands for more than the last time. And dealers gotta deal.

ampmaker said:
pylyo said:
ampmaker said:

Hope it's with you soon.

I agree, but we're in a zero-interest world with asset bubbles all over. So rare things will always change hands for more than the last time. And dealers gotta deal.

Flippers you mean.. There's a big difference.
Don't get me wrong, I have a huge respect for the guy were are talking here and his knowledge of these great guitars.. but it's annoying sometimes to see all this shameless flipping among the sites like these.

So whats the problem? I saw the guitar as under valued in this market, and bought it to enjoy for a while and then sell on at a profit.. i don't see why there's so much angst and negativity about it..
.. Its a great hobby which makes money, some people would call it a job, most people have one...

Back