• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD: Tokai Love Rock LS 200 1981

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adoring_fan107

Reaction score
Here we have the last word in early Tokai les paul replicas, a 1981 Tokai LS 200. This is the only one of these for sale in the world right now being one of the rarest Tokai guitars ever made. Back in 1981 these guitars were custom order only, featuring Tokai's 'cashew laquer' finish and hand picked timbers.

This particular example features a great flametop with a slight asymmetrical '59' profile to the neck. Lightweight at almost exactly 4kg. This guitar is all original except for the following:
- OX4 Medium wind aged double white PAFs
- TVT CTS pots with original 60s 'black beauty' caps
- A previous owner installed 2 mini switched between the tone controls which have been plugged with some brass studs (I have photos showing these studs being in the guitar since the early 90s).

Comes in the original Tokai case
Feel free to ask any questions.
Shipping at buyers expense.

SOLD

LiuVkoml.jpg

cu9YWEGl.jpg

NyRJN68l.jpg

y1wbe4yl.jpg

dUfuRael.jpg

qDxk7O1l.jpg

Gs491npl.jpg

Cg33Amvl.jpg

e9eUc82l.jpg

D2Zd4Qll.jpg

bmu9Dl0l.jpg

sB3iystl.jpg

Ng3eEUil.jpg

hIkkHcVl.jpg

eL4KzzKl.jpg

n4BnWUml.jpg

I believe that one was on villager's web site some time ago & you are correct, they don't show up often

what is the fingerboard material, regular rosewood, jacaranda, Braz?

$6250? yawsa

EDIT: I see that is Jacco's old 200 BS, I knew I had seen that somewhere around here before. Jacco's thread didn't mention fingerboard lumber type & neither did villager's 200 OS thread. villagers 200 OS fingerboard looks like regular rosewood in his photos.

I’m not to sure on the fretboard. Could be jacaranda or Brazillian though it looks different to what’s on my old Gibson’s. I’m open to offers. Thanks.

Wow that was really fast for such a highend guitar.Congrats !
Guess she will travel to europe ? :wink:

Latest posts

Back