Genuine ES100N ?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazzlover

Reaction score
I have purchased a 335 MIJ copy which sounds great. However i have read that Tokai's have the serial number and where made, printed / embossed on rear of head stock - mine is blank. I have a red label inside the guitar which states that its an ES-100N with a serial number of 0306501 which suggest made in 2003. However I also realise that adding a fake paper label isn't hard.
I had checked out the registry but my guitar wasnt there (it is now as I have added it).

What are the telltale things I should look out for?

Thanks, Nigel

That's how it is with the ES range....all my Love Rocks have the serial number on the back of the headstock but with my ES130 (2007) the serial number is on the label inside the guitar but nothing on the headstock...

I'm not sure about the Tokai's 335 offerings but wasn't the "Made In Japan" stamp on the back of the neck by then ??

brokentoes said:
I'm not sure about the Tokai's 335 offerings but wasn't the "Made In Japan" stamp on the back of the neck by then ??

I cant see a MIJ or serial number stamped anywhere....

Johny642000 said:
That's how it is with the ES range....all my Love Rocks have the serial number on the back of the headstock but with my ES130 (2007) the serial number is on the label inside the guitar but nothing on the headstock...

Thanks - Johny642000 - then i will assume all is well and its genuine.

Not sure if this should now be a different post but.... how to the 1st gen Tokai PAF's stack up against other PU's such as the Seymour Duncan Seth Lover's?

Back