NGD First Tokai!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron S

Reaction score
Hi All
I just wanted to say hello and just check with the experts that this guitar was all okay? I don't know too much about Tokais but couldn't resist.

It's a Tokai Love Rock Gold Top serial 1014***. It has a sticker under the s/n with 70 (white on black) It has Gibson P90s in it and came with a Tokai hard case. I'm told it's from 1982?

It certainly appears quite old but is in great condition for its age.

Sorry for being dense but I can't figure out how to post pics :-/ I've included a link to Facebook, is that okay?

Oh and it sounds fantastic! I'd love to know more about it as I've never owned a Tokai before despite having played for forty years (and own about the same number of guitars!)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155022414332029&set=pcb.10155022421262029&type=3&theater

[/url]

Thanks guys

The buyer originally said 1982, I checked the Tokai dating site for info and while the serial number does suggest '81 it also states that the LS-70 Gold top with P90s was only available in '82?

I'm assuming it was probably a very early one from that particular batch?

Not that it matters terribly :)

That's a real beauty and look at this fantastic condition for its age ! To post pics you need an account for flickr or photobucket or similar.

Images can indeed be shown in your posts. However, there is no facility at present for uploading images directly to this board. Therefore you must link to an image stored on a publicly accessible web server, e.g. http://www.some-unknown-place.net/my-picture.gif. You cannot link to pictures stored on your own PC (unless it is a publicly accessible server) nor to images stored behind authentication mechanisms such as Hotmail or Yahoo mailboxes, password-protected sites, etc. To display the image use either the BBCode

So you were the highest bidder on Ebay lately! You beat me to it :)

Beautiful guitar. Congrats!! Let me know if you ever decide to sell it.

Hi Ron,

This is indeed an LS-70-GT from very late 1981. The Model Year 1982 began production usually around October 1981. The serial number is from very late 1981 ( 1014000) as they finished around 1016000.
This was the only LS model to have an 18deg headstock pitch but poly lacquer instead of N/C. Interestingly this model was sold with a OHSC as part of it's retail price 84,000yen, the same as LS-80 and above Models. LS-60 and LS-50 were not.

Congrats

Peter

Peter Mac said:
Hi Ron,

This is indeed an LS-70-GT from very late 1981. The Model Year 1982 began production usually around October 1981. The serial number is from very late 1981 ( 1014000) as they finished around 1016000.
This was the only LS model to have an 18deg headstock pitch but poly lacquer instead of N/C. Interestingly this model was sold with a OHSC as part of it's retail price 84,000yen, the same as LS-80 and above Models. LS-60 and LS-50 were not.

Congrats

Peter

Always a pleasure to read your posts ! Your knowledge about those guitars is awesome Peter !

Thanks for that info Peter Mac :)

Appreciate the knowledge!

I'm really enjoying the guitar, I changed out the Gibson pups that someone had replaced and put in some Bare Knuckles. Sounds better than any Gibson I've played!

Back