Tokai Stratocaster limited edition

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Strato-les-paul

Reaction score
Hi evrybody :D I just get an amazing strat mij tokai limitd edition which seems to be an 80's-90's guitar. According to the seller, and what I found on the internet and the serial number (L17***), I think it was made in 1984-85. Can you confirm the year of production and the country where the guitar was manufactured? I had it for less than 300 euros, and i guess it correspond with the first price of the 80's
However, I couldn't find more things about it, if someone have more informations about this guitar I will be glad to learn more about it. I put below pictures of the guitar if it could help you having more info. Thanks a lot :wink:

Hi,

What is the stamp inside the control cavity? It should be something like . . . 4=1 MR X. A photo of the routing without the electronics would also be helpful.
This will help to obtain a more accurate indication.

Peter

Bridge and tuners don't look right for 1980's MIJ. Pickups look similar to 80's ST-40, but electrics don't match anything I've seen. The L series S/N is confusing. Truss rod plug is wrong colour and shape for 80's. Don't remember seeing headstock decals like this.

Neck heel stamp suggests Tokai authenticity, but maybe this is model is too late or not MIJ for me to be an expert.

I agree we need to look at routings and cavity codes.

I have seen in the past L serial number in very few Tokais and on RST Fernandes The Revival series, all around 1985 dating, must have pics somewhere.....

Thanks for your answer :D I forgot (i thought I had posted it, sorry) to post the cavity code's picture and indeed it's : "4=1=MR X". I post the picture and the serial number's picture below if it can be helpful. About the tunners, the seller indicate that it wasn't the originals, on the over hand I don't know about the bridge.

Latest posts

Back