Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help identifying two beautiful Goldstar Sounds
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluejeannot
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=88422&sid=344409bca9d479a1612a2ae0edd28000 This is Sen.
bluejeannot
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://themusiclocker.co.uk/shop/pastsales/1984-tokai-goldstar-sound-natural/ This is alder. Sen has a slightly more jagged grain pattern .The sun burst Goldstar is alder.
Peter Mac
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,
good discussion here . . .

The Sunburst TST-50 YSO is possibly from 1984 as most 1983 models still had 'U' pickups left. The neck however is a post-1985 that has been swapped for the original Maple one that was on it. I think you knew this as there are no pics of the control cavity stamp which would show a different number. It has a flat sawn Alder body hence the style of grain pattern. Tokai stopped using Sen Ash on ST-50's in late-79.

The 2nd guitar is a TST-60 OW from around the same period. The pickups look very similar to Fender Tex-Mex sets in the cloth wire colour but impedences will really nail it. Fender Texas Specials have a yellow lead wire for the middle pup which these don't appear to have. I use a set of them in my 1980 ST-80 GTR. It will also have an Alder body.

Overall 2 very nice guitars but priced a little high to my reaconing.

Peter Mac
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: