Wanted: DRY Z Pickups

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Discozek

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

It's my first message on the forum.
First I apologize for my english not as good as I wish (I'm French).

I have a fantastic EGF 1000 and I want to upgrade it.
So, I'm looking for a set of DRY-Z PU.

If someone have a set and want to sell it, please contact me.

thanks

Honestly good luck with the search but I am afraid that you are a few years too late.Finding is almost impossible and the price people ask who are willing to sell is simply ridiculous.You will not pay what the pickups are worth but the price for its rarity.
My advice is to buy the best pickups you can get for your preferences and playing and you will pay a lot less than for the Dry Zs.
Yes they are great and sound fantastic but they are not worth the amount of money some guys want to make with them.
I own 3 EGF with Drys and know how good they are :wink:

ibicus said:
Honestly good luck with the search but I am afraid that you are a few years too late.Finding is almost impossible and the price people ask who are willing to sell is simply ridiculous.You will not pay what the pickups are worth but the price for its rarity.
My advice is to buy the best pickups you can get for your preferences and playing and you will pay a lot less than for the Dry Zs.
Yes they are great and sound fantastic but they are not worth the amount of money some guys want to make with them.
I own 3 EGF with Drys and know how good they are :wink:

You're right. The price is really ridiculous.
It's onlyby historical coherence that I want DryZ.
Maybe, it would be faster to buy an EGF on 1200 directly. :)

Check in with Declan at Deacci pickups - he hand winds one of his sets based upon Dry Z specs - think it's the Pure Vintage LP59 - Two. They're great pickups at a great price. Forum member Mitch Malloy knows all about them

http://deacci.com/humbuckerselector/

Discozek said:
You're right. The price is really ridiculous.
It's onlyby historical coherence that I want DryZ.
Maybe, it would be faster to buy an EGF on 1200 directly. :)

Unfortunately 1200s are far away from beeing bargains as well... :(

Finding the pickups by themselves is a nightmare.....So, for me in the last week its been easier to pick up these Super Real guitars with stock Dry-Z's and Super Real cases.
EGF-1200
SA-1200
EG-1000C

CliffsComicWorld said:
Finding the pickups by themselves is a nightmare.....So, for me in the last week its been easier to pick up these Super Real guitars with stock Dry-Z's and Super Real cases.
EGF-1200
SA-1200
EG-1000C

You can't just drop that kind of news without pics!

CliffsComicWorld said:
Aloha Ryan,

Wow... it's been ages...... Yes.... will post party Pic's.... :D

Aloha Cliff! It has been ages, hope you are well.

I just snatched another set of Z's myself (in an EGF)... will be curious to hear your thoughts on the SA, I do love mine!

Dry Z will be quite difficult to source IMO; others are also seeking the beasts

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=23879

if you can find them available get ready to pay through the nose

Back