Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Springysound "E" stamped pickups.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spikeymikey
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject: Springysound "E" stamped pickups. Reply with quote

These really do sound good to me. I managed to compare with an original 1956 Strat recently. Someone said they were made by DiMarzio, is that correct ?

Thanks,

Mike.
felixcatus
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's some discussion about that. But I totally agree about them sounding really good.

PS I had a set of 'illustrious '82 Fender Fullerton Red Bobbins', and to me Tokai 'E's produce a nicer sound than those 'red bobbins' (have switched both, in the same guitar, several times).
spikeymikey
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not surprised, Felix. The "E"s sound as good as anything I've heard in a Strat so far. The in between settings are especially good and the bridge not harsh or chilly, just perfect. I honestly preferred my ST80 over the '56 Fender I borrowed recently, sound-wise and quality-wise. I can't believe I nearly sold it a while back. Luckily, I managed not to have to do that terrible thing.
bluejeannot
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are great pickups,bur not made by Di Marzio,made by Gotoh
spikeymikey
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Blue, I thought so myself but recently I heard the DM theory. Never liked DMs much anyway and this thing sounds insanely good on all settings so I kind of felt it can't be DM's. The fact that the guitar is under seven pounds helps maybe, I don't know. I played it recently at a local jam and it really came to life through an old Marshall. I never knew the front pickup on a Strat could deliver that wonderful Hendrix-like tone but also cut through a full band with keyboards so well. When I heard the playback I was amazed by this sound.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: