Springysound "E" stamped pickups.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spikeymikey

Reaction score
These really do sound good to me. I managed to compare with an original 1956 Strat recently. Someone said they were made by DiMarzio, is that correct ?

Thanks,

Mike.

There's some discussion about that. But I totally agree about them sounding really good.

PS I had a set of 'illustrious '82 Fender Fullerton Red Bobbins', and to me Tokai 'E's produce a nicer sound than those 'red bobbins' (have switched both, in the same guitar, several times).

I'm not surprised, Felix. The "E"s sound as good as anything I've heard in a Strat so far. The in between settings are especially good and the bridge not harsh or chilly, just perfect. I honestly preferred my ST80 over the '56 Fender I borrowed recently, sound-wise and quality-wise. I can't believe I nearly sold it a while back. Luckily, I managed not to have to do that terrible thing.

Thanks Blue, I thought so myself but recently I heard the DM theory. Never liked DMs much anyway and this thing sounds insanely good on all settings so I kind of felt it can't be DM's. The fact that the guitar is under seven pounds helps maybe, I don't know. I played it recently at a local jam and it really came to life through an old Marshall. I never knew the front pickup on a Strat could deliver that wonderful Hendrix-like tone but also cut through a full band with keyboards so well. When I heard the playback I was amazed by this sound.

Latest posts

Back