Please help identify this mystery =)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Motorik

Reaction score
Hi.
I just got my hands on this LP-model that I suspect is some kind of Tokai.

I got it from my boss, and he has had it in his attic since the late 80s. He swapped it from a hippie friend and knows very little about the guitar.

The guitar was unplayable when I got it, with minor rust on the strings, and the bridge-pickup loose in the cavity, with only one screw. I restored it, and now it sounds really nice =) The bridge pickup has been replaced with a Lawrence HB-58. I know nothing about this pickup, and I can't find any info on this particular humbucker.

I believe this is a Tokai, because of 3 reasons. The case it was in, was a Tokai-case, the tuners say "Gibson deluxe" on the outside, but Tokai on the inside (no pic, could get if needed), and the serial number makes sense in the Tokai Registry.
The serial number, though a bit worn off, seems to be 3013652, which would make it a 83', and this fits perfectly with my boss' info.

It has no logo on the headstock whatsoever, not counting the serial number on the back.

Shout out if you want more pics =)

Erik

rbmqvs.jpg

20sj0i9.jpg

2lo6mtf.jpg

xm93ky.jpg

2557rtk.jpg

1sjfr5.jpg

10dveo6.jpg

2jab2bl.jpg

6r5ysw.jpg

2djbbeb.jpg