Locking tuners on 1981 ES100 - original?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emiel

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I bought a very nice 1981 ES100 off a kind English gentleman earlier this year and I noticed these rather strange locking tuners only when it was time to change strings!

It basically works the same as a regular Kluson-style tuner, only you must tighten the head with a screwdriver to lock the string. The tightening is done anti-clockwise which is really odd and unhandy.

I was wondering whether anyone has come across these before? They look original.

cXpuP3X.jpg

DM4D9bn.jpg

Can't say as i've come across these myself. As a selfish request i'd love to see some more pictures of the full guitar though.

Congrats

I guess not Emiel. Tokai Es and LS have kluson single line with Tokai engraved on the back..Post a pic of any taken off the hole to see more details....
If you decide replacing them, Kluson (modern ones) do fit OK to existing holes, U just replaced Shaller -locking- coming with mine....

Forgot about this topic!

I am considering replacing the tuners. It is really a pain staking process to change strings, and I can imagine the horror when you would break a string during a gig..! Wouldn't like to change the look though :)

Brokentoes, I will try and make some pictures when it is sunny and I am at home!

Took a bit long, but you can find some older pictures here:

http://imgur.com/a/TsHtZ

It's just a stunning guitar. Might eventually change the pickups because of earlier experiences with Tokai pickups, but perfectly happy with how it is now.

Latest posts

Back