• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1980 Tokai 'Springysound' ST80 Sunburst.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spikeymikey

Reaction score
It would be hard to find a lighter Stratocaster than this beauty. A featherweight at 6lb 14oz. and featuring a steel trem block and it's original 'E' series pickups which sound fantastic. Pickup output is 5.8 neck, 6.1 middle, 6.2 bridge. Two piece center joined(only just visible) body with thin nitro finish, very comfortable 'V' profile neck. Headstock missing decal but the 'ghost' of the logo is present and is possible to read it. Decals can be found on ebay for £5. Backplate tremcover is supplied also. A truly superb instrument in fine condition. I can supply larger photos on request. The price is £850 + shipping from UK. PM me if interested.

I'll add more photos later but more images are available on request.

I've had loads of messages regarding this guitar and I do still have it as I've been out of the country for several months.

It's still available and is now in the UK.

Cheers

Mike.

The guitar has just been professionally set-up by a great luthier so now it plays and sounds even better than before!

Hi Marco

The fretboard radius is the correct vintage one of 7.25. I'm not sure exactly what gauge the frets are but they are the original ones and in good shape. I think they are the same gauge wire and profile as a 1954 Fender Strat.

I hope this helps,

Mike

No probs Marco. I get what you mean and I used to think like that but its amazing how fast you can adapt to and exploit the differences with the vintage specs. I'm more into Telecasters than Strats now and the three I have are all vintage spec. Weirder still because I only ever played Gibsons until three years ago.

Of course, all the Tokai Springysounds are built like that so its unavoidable if you want one of those guitars.

Marco, I had my doubts too when I bought my ST-80, but I am happy to say that the (soft V) neck is very comfortable and fast to play. Many of my guitar playing friends have expressed their fondness for the neck too.

Mikey, please show us your Tele's! :)

It is a shame no rosewood board on your spikey, I am looking for a good one...

I doubt you'd worry too much about the rosewood/maple difference if you played this guitar, Luis.

As I said, I was an affirmed Gibson only man until I got the Springysound. Then I properly checked out a Telecaster and that finally did it!

Yes Em, I'll post some pics asap, one is a really old Breezysound.

Talking of posing images of the Telecasters, does anyone know the best image hosting for this site? I've just finished painting a "Fool" SG for someone and I fancied getting some opinions on it here. It was done on an '85 Tokai SG.

I understand spikey, but I have a great maple neck strat with my Navigator NST-300M I have since 2005 an no other needed so I justify mt GAS with a rosewood board.... :lol:

Latest posts

Back