Quality of Bacchus handcrafted teles vs Suhr and Fender CS?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Esbenmad

Reaction score
Hi folks :)

I just sold my acoustic and now have enough money to boy a really nice tele. I want a guitar, that I will be happy to play for the rest of my life. I have been down the road of heavily modifying a midrange guitar too many times - I have had good results, but it has always left me wanting more in the end and the cost has always piled up so I could as well have saved my money and bought a real quality instrument with just making a bit bigger investment. So I am through with that :)

I have heard great things about both the new Bacchus hand crafted line and the older vintage line, and have had a look at these:

http://www.deviser-bacchus.com/products/handmade-series-guitar/t-standard/
http://www.deviser-bacchus.com/products/handmade-series-guitar/btl-aged60-1/

So, my question is do the quality of these instruments match up with fx a Suhr Classic T Pro or a Fender Custom Shop tele?

The Suhr is only a few hundred dollars extra investment, and there are often Fender Custom Shop teles up for sale for just a bit more, than I would pay for one of these Bacchus teles.

What is your take on this, should I save my money or go for the Bacchus?

Thanks in advance :)

All the best, Esben

buying a guitar that you will be happy with for life may be a tough one. there is no doubt some brands, Bacchus included, have a very good reputation for build quality and workmanship but that isn't the end all be all. there are too many variables involved; things like playability, neck profile, electronics/pickups, etc. that are subjective. when buying any brand ask questions and if the seller cannot answer properly then that is a red flag. keep an open mind and don't set your self up for potential disappointment

Thank you for your answer! :) It is a bit nerve-wrecking to potentially buy a guitar online without trying it first, so you point about asking questions to the seller is a good one :) I think that patience is a key point here as well, because at some point a nice used tele is bound to show up near me. It is really nice to try before buying :)

I am actually located in Århus :) I see you are in Copenhagen. Do you own Bacchuss guitars?

Esbenmad said:
I am actually located in Århus :) I see you are in Copenhagen. Do you own Bacchuss guitars?

A few... 8) I think I have owned more than 25 Bacchus guitars... still have the best left...Jeg skrev til dig på 4 sound. ..

Arh, sjovt! Jeg synes også, at navnet virkede bekendt :) Jeg har svaret inde på 4sound. Hvad har i øvrigt været de fedeste bacchus du har ejet? Har kigget en del på deres tidligere vintageserie samt deres nyere t-standard/master.

Back