Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Windows 10
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cashcow
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:57 pm    Post subject: Windows 10 Reply with quote

"Microsoft has not gone for the nuclear option with Windows 10 -- forcing the new operating system on consumers and small businesses now running older editions -- but it has tiptoed close to that line. Five months ago, Computerworld laid out the steps Microsoft had taken to distribute Windows 10, but noted that it had not yet moved to the next logical phase: not only downloading and initiating the upgrade, but completing it without any explicit user approval. To recap, Microsoft kicked off the radical distribution strategy in January 2015 when executives announced that Windows 10 would be a free upgrade from Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 for one year after 10's official release. The Redmond, Wash. company then moved on with a succession of schemes, including letting customers "reserve" a copy of the upgrade; downloading the upgrade bits in the background to those users' machines; and finally, in October 2015, saying it would automatically push the Windows 10 upgrade to all eligible PCs, then initiate the upgrade process. ..."

WTF? They have tried this on me and I was able to block it. I'm happy with 7. What does everyone think of 10 vs. 7?
brokentoes
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know about 10 myself so i can't really comment. I have windows 7 and it works well for what i use it for. I have noticed they push hard the OS that are crap. To my mind the last good one before 7 was XP.
Diodibuh
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using win10 in office, at home and in my studio. Computers works much faster comparing to win 7 (I had win 7 on all of them before), crashes, no issues. But in my studio I waited till Cubase and Wavelab were officially fully supported from Steinberg (Yamaha).
So for me . win10 works just great.
cashcow
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks
3rdstone
Guitar God

Location: Hagstrom Guitars, ABBA, Yngwie, Meshuggah, Volvo and IKEA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many says Win 7 is really good. I haven't tried that since I went from Vista on my old laptop, then bought this one that had 8 installed. I wasn't found of 8 with that app-gimmick I never used.

I was sceptic though if it really would be better to do the free upgrade to 10, until I asked my brother and friends who work with various computer systems, servers etc. I was recommended to do it, and has only used it for a short while, but it works fine for me so far.

Someone said it's more like Win 7, with a few differences. I can't tell myself, but i prefer it over 8, that's for sure.
cashcow
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2016/06/15/windows-upgrade-takes-low-road/aVyanm5XLfYUHs4OaKVVcP/story.html

"Then sometime this spring, Microsoft came up with the tackiest tactic yet. A big message box appeared on millions of computers, announcing they were “scheduled” for a Windows 10 upgrade. Many who saw this box just clicked the “X” in its upper-right corner — the standard way of shutting down Windows programs. But in this case, clicking the “X” amounted to confirmation the user wanted an upgrade. Only if they read the small type in the message would they learn how to actually refuse the upgrade."
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cashcow wrote:
http://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2016/06/15/windows-upgrade-takes-low-road/aVyanm5XLfYUHs4OaKVVcP/story.html

"Then sometime this spring, Microsoft came up with the tackiest tactic yet. A big message box appeared on millions of computers, announcing they were “scheduled” for a Windows 10 upgrade. Many who saw this box just clicked the “X” in its upper-right corner — the standard way of shutting down Windows programs. But in this case, clicking the “X” amounted to confirmation the user wanted an upgrade. Only if they read the small type in the message would they learn how to actually refuse the upgrade."

The upgrade loaded onto my desktop at home by itself - turned it on one day and bam....Windows 10. Couldn't roll it back to 7. I have heard that eventually, you won't have the option to choose.
cashcow
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you could revert back to 7 if you didn't like 10. I'm keeping 7. It's supported until 2020.
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cashcow wrote:
I thought you could revert back to 7 if you didn't like 10. I'm keeping 7. It's supported until 2020.

Dang it.....
ibicus
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Win 10 makes an image of your system when loading that lasts for 30 days what means you can totally restore your system in those 30 days.After the image will be deleted and you have no way back except for a complete new installation of win7 with the installation cd Marcus.
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ibicus wrote:
Win 10 makes an image of your system when loading that lasts for 30 days what means you can totally restore your system in those 30 days.After the image will be deleted and you have no way back except for a complete new installation of win7 with the installation cd Marcus.

Yeah, I found out about the 30 day thing 40 days after it loaded itself onto my desktop. I'm stuck with it. No sense in reinstalling 7 because after awhile, it won't be supported. Hate 10 though.......

Might go Apple next computer. It's what I started with long ago.
ibicus
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I changed 7 for 10 one year ago and it works very good for me.Fast and not one problem til today.Had to personalize it though.I use Apple for my job and it annoys me hundred times more than Windows
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ibicus wrote:
I changed 7 for 10 one year ago and it works very good for me.Fast and not one problem til today.Had to personalize it though.I use Apple for my job and it annoys me hundred times more than Windows

Good to know.

The 10 format is a pain in the ass to use - to find documents, photos, etc. Hate it but probably haven't messed with it enough.
cashcow
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Effing Microsoft. They asked me "one last time" and I declined.
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cashcow wrote:
Effing Microsoft. They asked me "one last time" and I declined.

I declined it every time and then one day, poof..... it was on my computer. Bastards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: