Thinking of a PRS - am I mad?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebar

Reaction score
I am thinking of getting a PRS and wondered if any members have experience of them and how they relate to Tokai in terms of comfort, build quality and tone.

I am swaying towards a single cut and am curious how it might compare to my Loverock.

Belfast has next to no major PRS retailers, so I'm likely to make a purchase online or wait until I'm visiting London at some stage in the future, so calling into a music store and trying one out will be difficult.

Feel free to give me your opinions.

Dublin had some PRS retailers last time I was there (but that was absolutely ages ago so obviously check before travelling). Music Maker I think.

I'm not often down in Dublin, but I'll check it out before going there if I'm heading that way (I'm more likely to be in London with work). I called into Brian Keenan's place in Belfast recently, but he didn't have any PRS in stock.

My perception is that PRS seem to take more care and attention in building their USA guitars than most other big manufacturers. I really enjoy my Fenders and I have a couple of Tokais (LS320 and ST85), but I suppose I'm just curious to see what they're like and if they're likely to to feel and sound better than what I already have.

I'll keep an eye out on Gumtree and Ebay in case something interesting pops up though.

That's a good point, I forgot about Brian Keenan's. He used to have some PRSes as you said (judging by the website, anyway). And yeah I'm not often in Dublin either.

Thanks for your advice Dave, its much appreciated. I have a feeling that I'm unlikely to find anything better than the Tokais locally. The GAS goes on! :lol:

I have two lovely Tokais a reborn ls120 and a reborn old ls80, and my USA PRS CE gets more use than either, not that it's 'better' just that it too is a great guitar, plays and sounds fab, and covers just about every style you could ever want.

Wouldn't hesitate to recommend one!

Buy online, and you are covered by the 30 day return option if for any reason you don't like it

Latest posts

Back