Lets just make something up shall we!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluejeannot

Reaction score
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tokai-Gold-Silver-Star-TST-100-TST100-strat-stratocaster-1562-/201406412590?hash=item2ee4c1f72e Sold to him as an ST 100.Right of course it was. :roll:

Hmmmm... I've done business with him over the years and everything I've bought has checked out just fine. Always has great guitars up for auction with decent prices.

I know that seller as a trusted one as well. The bones (neck & body)are certainly all Tokai on this one. The rest of it looks to be a hodge podge of changed parts/original. When the ad first came up with no pictures it was more of a mystery.

It pretty clearly has a 2 piece body,but besides, there is no such thing as as a Goldstar St 100.Goldstars only went up to 80. :wink:

Maybe, maybe not ,but the 15650 serial number,the routing and the deluxe tuners strongly suggest to me that this is an 84 Goldstar ST 50.

Have informed the seller politely that the guitar for sale is not as described and he has chosen to ignore my advice.I can do no more.I would not buy from such a seller.It would be easy enough for him to check if the guitar is nitro,he has not bothered to do so and instead makes unsubstantiated claims.699 dollars for a Goldie St50 with a replaced pickguard with ceramic pickups is NOT a good deal.Not my kind of seller. :(

And I ended up buying it - lol
Not to worry. If it is nitro - it's probably been done over the Poly finish even, it's that rough!
It arrived in kinda 'brand spanking new' condition - so much so I thought it was a new Chinese fake - seriously. Anyways, I know some good guys here in Oz, including Peter McGovern and Piers Crocker - not to mention Rod at Sliders Pickups (did I mention him - can only be a good thing that we did!!!) - so with a little direction on wiring and pickup choice - we'll see how she comes out - the old 'refin Goldie partscaster' and I'll try and record that old beeeitch for y'all and see if we can still have the last laugh - eh?
What a prize Mongrel. (me and the guitar -a match made in Heaven)

Cheers, Mike

Latest posts

Back