Maya Bass Guitar Mystery

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itchigo

Reaction score
WWW.MAYABASSGUITAR.WORDPRESS.COM

This Maya Bass guitar that was bought in a small classical music shop, in Leamington Spa, England: It was made around the early 1970s.

I bought the guitar with a new hard case, which was unfortunately lost. Originally it had a raised, black scratch board and chrome hand rest, which have been mislaid over the years. In my naivety, as to being a left handed player who plays a right handed guitar, I had the control pots swapped over and a three way switch added. Hence, the three open pot holes. Also two block dimarzio pick-ups added.

Finding information out about Maya Company has been extremely difficult.
I have played in many bands over the years, and met many fabulous musicians, also a partial international search; no one as yet has been able to enlighten me further on any information that I don?t already know about this Maya Bass Guitar (this is not an ?El Maya?).

If anyone has one of these bass guitars, or knows anything of its origins, regardless of what the information may be, I would be truly grateful. Please go to my blog WWW.MAYABASSGUITAR.WORDPRESS.COM to see more!

b911574468a0d3d56a57290e8a7a5841.jpg

8eeed37751bbb375d27789e1d2abbab6.jpg

8a3ec0b404e2a98791e1e389e1917060.jpg

d8ccbdcdfe6c03781939ca7767bd37c3.jpg

Maya and El Maya were made by Chusin Rokkoman.El Maya are just more upmarket versions of Maya guitars.

Latest posts

Back