Vintage Burny LP case?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prudd

Reaction score
Ive got an old LP case that has 'Burny' stenciled on it, not sure how old it is, guessing its late 70's/early 80's, or if these were the cases Burny's were supplied with. My early 80's Goldtop lives in it presently, though I i came by it when I bought my OBG a couple of years ago.
Anyone got any insight as to what it is?

Hello prudd.

That case is original an I would bet it would be a 70's one (74-78?), I have seen several over the years. It resembles 70's Gibson cases so it makes sense. Very nice!
Is it sturdy enough?

The stenciled cases start to appear in the 1978 catalog costing 10K, prior to that I'd imagine the high end stuff came with those plush dark red and black lined ones you see. Seen quite a few of the stenciled ones but always thought they look a bit lacking in padding to be honest. They seem to have a few different colours for the interiors too

thanks for your input guy's.

Its seems fairly sturdy luis, not the best quality case Ive ever had, certainly not good enough for a touring musician I'd say.

Your right LPjunior it does lack decent padding. Its in surprisingly good nick for its age, shame the stencil has'nt faired too well.

I should have said in the original post that Im considering selling it, any idea's on what its worth?

Back