Bacchus Duke Light

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Duke but it's a more Standard type with a maple top.

For me, it's a really nice guitar - the neck and fret work is top draw and the dimensions of the neck suit me.

The nut width is just a bit narrower than a Gibson Historic or Greco Super Real, but the neck is still quite chunky (front to back depth) and has virtually zero taper, in that it is pretty much the same depth all the way along (unlike vintage LPs or various clones of them).

As for the Duke Light, I can only guess at what effect the all mahogany body with no maple top would have, but it was something that Gibson did with the LP Custom back in the old days. Obviously the Custom had an ebony fingerboard which is supposed to add a bit of brightness.

The Light version only seems to be about $400 cheaper than the Standard so the build quality will be the same as a normal Duke. It should be a very nice guitar. I certainly would be interested to try it myself and compare it to a Standard. Good price too - from my point of view in Aus I could land that Duke Light here for about $800 less than the new price. Ishibashi are pretty good at answering questions, so definitely put your concerns to them (if you have any).

JVSearch, thanks for the help

Yeah I thought it seemed a good price too. I contacted Ishibashi and they said the pickups had been changed which has put me off - They're probably fine but I was hoping for a stock guitar.

"Front: SH-2N Rear : SH-1B"

That was from their email- I am not sure if they meant that these are the original pickups or that these are the pickups they have been changed to. Either way, I will keep patient and wait for another Bacchus LP to show up

Univibe said:
JVSearch, thanks for the help

Yeah I thought it seemed a good price too. I contacted Ishibashi and they said the pickups had been changed which has put me off - They're probably fine but I was hoping for a stock guitar.

"Front: SH-2N Rear : SH-1B"

That was from their email- I am not sure if they meant that these are the original pickups or that these are the pickups they have been changed to. Either way, I will keep patient and wait for another Bacchus LP to show up

They are Seymour Duncan pickups.

SH-2N is a Jazz something or other and the SH-1B is a 59 type PAF if I remember right.

They would probably still be pretty decent.

Back