rockinbetter 4003

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bill reed

Reaction score
does anyone else make Rockinbetter 4003 bass guitars or is it just Tokai, in if other make them how do i know tha Tokai ones,
thinking of getting a Mapleglo rockinbetter 4003

2 month ago I made similar inquiry to Tokai Japan. According them, Tokai isn't involved in Rockinbetter stuff and don't know where it made. Rockinbetter is a private label of Tokai UK.

thanks for your reply. i have just oedered a Rockinbetter.
the speck is.
Specifications - Rockinbetter RG4003
Head Shape: RK type
M/H: Open Gear Chrome L2, R2
Truss Rod Cover: White, Rockinbetter black silk printing
Nut: Graphite BK
Neck Joint: Thru-Neck
Neck: Hard Maple 3 pcs.
Truss Rod Double Truss Rod 570 mm Head Control
F/B: Rosewood
F/B Binding: ABS White
Position Mark: Triangle White Pearl
Body: RG4000 type
Body: Basswood 40mm, hardmaple 3 pcs., Basswood 40MM
Body Binding: Chequer Style
Bridge: RG4003 type
Pickups: Mini Hum x 2 2 V, 2 T, 1 toggle switch
Origin: Made In Indonesia

Karl Kaufmann said:
2 month ago I made similar inquiry to Tokai Japan. According them, Tokai isn't involved in Rockinbetter stuff and don't know where it made. Rockinbetter is a private label of Tokai UK.

Have they ever had anything to do with Rockinbetter, it seemed that Tokai uk ltd have only been going since 2002 but there were Rockinbetters for sale in the early 90s?????

I have found out that Rebelrocker is the name of the guitars imported into Australia, the models are RG4003, Rg40 and RG43.
they are the same as the thre Rockinbetters but diffrent TRC.
i also found out where they are made.
In the Tokai China Factory.
how Tokai dont know where they are made when its there factory is mind boggling. also on the Australian sole imports Jade Australia there is a flim of the China factory. at the end there is a guy playing a RG43, only think strange is Tokai dont make a Rg43 but Rockinbetter/ Rebelrocker do.
and Jade lists there Tokai guitars and what is included, yes the 3 Reblerockers.
Well i'm happy knowing my Rockinbetter was made in the Tokai factory.

Back