Orville 57 goldtop

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Below link is said to be modeled after 1957 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop (VOS).

Am very much interested and at abot P900K USD would have this for keeps.

SN is a six digit that starts with 5>

Would like to seek your comment on the guitar itself and on the specs written.

A good buy for the price?

Thanks

http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,241796.0.html

Personally I think that's a bit high for just a standard Orville. Orville's go for around 450 to 600 on yahoo japan...shipping to the Philippines and fees from rinkya wouldn't be over 200 bucks. So I think 800 would be the most I would pay if I wanted one.

Of course you might have to be patient if you wanted a gold top specifically. Just depends on how desperate you are for it I guess.

Isn't the asking price 40k yen? That's 500USD, nothing wrong with that.
Don't think that has a nitro finish though.

jericojuliolab said:
Thanks for your reply.

If you may, can you post link of on where I have buy Orvilles ( yahoojapan)

Thanks

Rinkya is an online 3rd party bidding service that non japanese use. It's good....their fees can be a little pricey but you can often get better prices than used guitars from a store. Got to do your homework though.

Ishibashi store in japan and their used box is a great place. Their prices are generally very fair. Not great...but fair. But the selection obviously is more limited than yahoo auctions.

In both cases you'll need to be patient.

Keep in mind in the end you'll probably save around 100 or so. You have to decide if it's worth your time and energy. Maybe saving a hundred bucks won't be worth the hassle to you and you have a guitar right there you can try first to make sure it's a great player. Who knows....maybe you can offer less and see if he takes it.

Latest posts

Back