Sweet deal on a new TS-9 modded to TS-808

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanneste

Reaction score
I've just been dealing with a great guy in the states, Robert Keeley:

www.RobertKeeley.com

I linked to the site from www.legendarytones.com who sell NOS RC4558P chips to mod the TS-9 reissue (or indeed other models) to exact TS-808 spec - with original chips.

If you want the mod supplied fitted they link you to Robert Keeley; an FX guru who I reckon is probably worth knowing. He couldn't have been more helpful.

You get a choice of 'brown mod' carbon capacitors or the original carbon film type. The 'brown mod' is fashionable but by no means worthwhile if you want the true TS-808 sound. Also the original capacitors make the unit quieter. The PayPall receipt as standard confirms 'brown mod' capacitors, so you need to drop Robert a quick email to change this choice if that's what you want. A choice he seems to very much endorse.

The deal is a brand new boxed TS-9 modded to true TS-808 for $153 US, around ?100 sterling - including delivery worldwide byair freight. I'm expecting delivery around 10 days from date of order.

I've checked everywhere and can't find a brand new TS-9 reissue in the UK for under ?85.00. The mod kit is $14.99 inc delivery from legendarytones. So ?100 for a new pedal with pro-fitted original parts, delivered from the states is pretty keen More so when you consider the cost of TS-808's these days.

So there it is - fine if you like that kind of thing! I'll post when it arrives. Obviously we all have out favourites; even so an interesting deal - I'm mostly after lead boost so this should do a great job.

:D :D :wink:

It arrived this afternoon.

Brand new boxed TS-9 in mint condition. Robert add's a discreet sticker to flag the mod on the casing (front above 9v adapter socket), plus changes the LED to trademark ice blue which is kinda cool. Signed letter enclosed with Ibanez booklet detailing exact mod spec.

Adds a tweak which extends the drive range + and -. All the authentic sounds plus a few more.

Cracking mod, extremely quiet. Great guy to deal with. Recommended.

http://www.harmony-central.com/Effects/Data/Keeley/TS_9_Mod-01.html

Mark 8)

Yes a friend of mine Simon put a Porche engine in to an old skoda once:)
Not quite the same as a real Porche though.

Back