Looks like a bargain

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

http://cgi.ebay.de/Tokai-GA-130-Anniversary-Model-Japan-Love-Rock-/270661983320?pt=Gitarren&hash=item3f04b61c58

marcusnieman said:
t.olsen said:
http://cgi.ebay.de/Tokai-GA-130-Anniversary-Model-Japan-Love-Rock-/270661983320?pt=Gitarren&hash=item3f04b61c58

Fabulous!! I love the black ones..... very fine guitars.

I am really wondering about the low price and even BIN...this guy might be crazy,selling this guitar starting at 1 euro would bring him much more money :roll:

Well, when you open with a buy it now and also take best offers, it means you'll take less than what you're asking for. I say start it at $1 and let it ride.

to see one in this condition ...and in black.... is very unusual

especially with the Peter Green phase switching ...

i'm guessing it's Nitro ...but from this distance it's hard to tell ...

Mr Tokai sure broke the mould when he created this baby ....

but it was the 30th anniversary of the building of PROSPEC bridge near Tokyo ....and so it only seems right to have given us this masterpiece

Ladies and Gentlemen ...the "Laugh Rock"...

The Tokai Anniversary GA130 guitars are cheap here in germany. In april i bought one brand new in the red color from ebay. The price was in the same range. I have read about this guitars on the internet before and i will never sell it. It sounds and plays very good and the weight is only 3.5 kg.

The color was sanded of and i put a oil and wax finish on. The pickups were switched to seymour duncan alnico pro II. And ready was my new number one guitar.

Pictures:

A short soundclip of this guitar is on my myspace website.

They're not nitro... poly coat. Here's mine:

002.jpg

005-1.jpg

006.jpg

004.jpg

010.jpg

@marcusnieman: A very pretty one with the flame maple top. I had not the luck to get one of those with the great tops. They were sold out.

@t.olsen: You are right. This guitar feels like a much more expensive one.

Got mine for less than that new, but I'd have to say that ?600 secondhand would still be a decent price. Here it is again.

web.jpg

web.jpg

Incidentally, if anyone turns up a nicely fitting case, could you let me know which one it is?

BlueThird said:
Marcus ??just been looking at the pics of yours again, did you take the tonelock parts off the bridge?

Came with Faber hardware - alum tailpiece with locking studs, bridge with brass saddles.... but not the locking bridge. Standard ABR

Great guitar..... that's a gorgeous quilt top you have

marcusnieman said:
BlueThird said:
Marcus ??just been looking at the pics of yours again, did you take the tonelock parts off the bridge?

Came with Faber hardware - alum tailpiece with locking studs, bridge with brass saddles.... but not the locking bridge. Standard ABR

Great guitar..... that's a gorgeous quilt top you have

Does the guitar come standard with with a faber tone lock kit?

Tonelock was fitted on the bridge and tailpiece on mine, presumably since it was designated as the 150Q and effectively the top of the line. It's an extraordinarily resonant guitar, but I'm sure it would be even if I scrapped all of the Faber stuff. Not that I'm about to, mind.

How do you find the volume knob, looks like it could get in the way at times?( very high)

marcusnieman said:
They're not nitro... poly coat. Here's mine:

002.jpg

005-1.jpg

006.jpg

004.jpg

010.jpg

JDB said:
How do you find the volume knob, looks like it could get in the way at times?( very high)

No problem at all... If you look closely, you'll see it's counter sunk into the wood - as are the others to a lesser degree.

greco_burst said:
Does the guitar come standard with with a faber tone lock kit?

Yes.... here are the specs. (if you look at the serial number, you'll see that it's actually my guitar)

http://www.tokaiguitar.de/vintage.php?folder=anniversary_series&kat=005

marcusnieman said:
JDB said:

No problem at all... If you look closely, you'll see it's counter sunk into the wood - as are the others to a lesser degree.

I didn't noticed that. I'm learning a lot here.

marcusnieman said:
here are the specs. (if you look at the serial number, you'll see that it's actually my guitar)

http://www.tokaiguitar.de/vintage.php?folder=anniversary_series&kat=005

My acoustics have more or less the same headstock design(strings running almost straight from the nut to the tuning posts). I find them staying in tune longer than my (L.P. shaped, more string angle on the headstock)electrics. Is this due to the headstock design? Is this also the case with your(very nice) GA compared to an LS?

Back