T-Shirt Sales - Please take survey

Place to provide feedback for site improvements.

Moderator: ned

I would use PayPal to purchase a Tokai Registry T-Shirt

Poll ended at Thu Oct 03, 2002 1:58 pm

Yes
70%
No
30%

Total votes: 10

ned
Guitar God

T-Shirt Sales - Please take survey

Post by ned » Mon Sep 23, 2002 1:58 pm

As we get closer to getting the t-shirts ready for sale I have begun researching credit card processing. Please answer the survey so I can get a feel for how to proceed.

Ned

ramsale
Guitar God

Post by ramsale » Mon Sep 23, 2002 6:03 pm

What color will shirts be? Can I get one in XXL? I want one...I want one...This will be so cool!!!

ned
Guitar God

Post by ned » Mon Sep 23, 2002 6:25 pm

Probably looking at white. Still finalizing the design but the hard part is the credit card processing. So far just to cover the costs for processing the orders I would have to sell between 10-15 shirts per month and I'm not really sure what the demand will be.

Ned

ramsale
Guitar God

Post by ramsale » Mon Sep 23, 2002 7:40 pm

Color would be nice on the shirt, but will take white if that's our only option. I will take 2 of 'em if you do some in XXL size. I just had a buddy get a refinished Love Rock, and would love to get a shirt for him...
Good luck, Ned!

Dana
Guitar God

Post by Dana » Fri Sep 27, 2002 1:00 am

I was one of the votes that voted "no" for the paypal. Long story short, paypal froze our checking account for 2 weeks for still an unknown reason (and i used it to buy a $15 item on ebay!). Needless to say, I avoid paypal like the plague nowadays.

i'll take 2 in XL of the LR.

I was thinking about a market over here in Japan. Maybe it's already been discussed but i was wondering if a store like Guitar Universe would be interested. I was also thinking if Tokai would not want you to make T-Shirts for some reason.

Dana

guitarboy
Guitar God

Post by guitarboy » Fri Sep 27, 2002 10:57 am

Come on Dana don't start getting all official on us, this just a bit of fun not a huge commercial enterprise.

GB

Dana
Guitar God

Post by Dana » Fri Sep 27, 2002 5:05 pm

:lol: I wasn't trying to ruin what ned and everyone had going.

Ned said he needed an average of 15 shirts a month to sell just to break even on costs and i thought, what if he makes a fortune selling these shirts that are so nice and everyone wants 'em, and what if he doesnt make his minimum goal to break even on these t-shirts.

Don't get me wrong, i wouldnt mind seeing ned on early retirement due to the shirts being so successful. I also wouldnt mind a wet t-shirt contest with these shirts either, wink wink. :o Sorry gents, you can't participate but you can surely watch. Only for the ladies.

Just my thoughts for the day,
Dana

ned
Guitar God

Post by ned » Sun Sep 29, 2002 4:18 pm

Dana,

Those are valid concerns, being a marketing professional I have already gotten approval from Tokai on making the t-shirts.

The Guitar Universe idea is excellent and I will contact them about the idea.

Due to the cost I will start using PayPal for credit card processing but will also take money orders via mail. Right now I'm working on a script to calculate shipping and handling costs globally on the fly so the exact price shipped will be known.

I've also been at the in-laws in Mississippi last week and have business travel this week. The designer has also been busy with work so we're a bit behind.

Ned

woodgod
Plucker

T shirt

Post by woodgod » Wed Oct 02, 2002 8:45 pm

Best shirt I have seen I will take two cant waittttttt