Baccus Duke 2009/2010???

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moverton

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with recent model Bacchus Dukes?
I am about to pull the trigger on one from Japan but I'm looking for someone to nring me back to my senses. Feels a little nuts to be buying a guitar blind from 7000 miles away.
It is the same model as this one.
http://www.mijguitar.com/bacchus-japan-duke-limited-lp-hb-brazilian-rose-flame/

I can't help you because my 2009 Duke is a superb guitar! Never have I played a straighter neck, and a couple of other people agree with me (I don't let many people touch it though!).

Check the weight on your possible purchase, because the two from that link are both reasonably heavy, which may or may not bother you.

The new Dukes are a bit different to the 2005/06 ones in that they have smaller frets, but the fret work on mine is the best I've ever seen, and it plays so cleanly and lightly. So, if you're the type of player that likes big frets and has a grip of death on the neck, the newer Dukes might not be what you want. The neck is a fat rounded one, not too big, and with a very slim taper, in that, it's virtually the same depth at the nut as it is at the heel. The neck is great.

I want to get another Duke, preferably one of the oil finished ones.

Buying it sight unseen is not a problem as long as the previous owner hasn't ruined it (unlikely as it's not old enough), or is it new? What I mean is that the fit and finish will be very good, as will the playability if the overall feel is suitable for you. Tone wise, you'll pretty much have to wait until you get it in hand. Mine has great sustain and I think it it sounds great, but it is the P90 '56 type LP and you're looking at the 'bucker version. I would guess that Bacchus were aiming for excellent sustain and a balance of frequencies, and given the retail price of Dukes (up to 200k+) they are at the price level where no bad ones should have been let out of the factory. However, there's no guarantees, but you're in with good odds of getting an excellent guitar.

Latest posts

Back