Cats Eyes CE-400 Made in Japan

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnStratele

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Looking for help dating a CE-400 I'm suspecting 1977 but not sure they were made that early. MIJ CE-400 no suffix, ser no. 148577
Has a Tomiya Gakki guitar shop lable on the back of the headstock.
Any help or pointers appreciated

Thanks John Stratele

Hi Peg City Rocker,

thanks for your reply and the link. Fantastic site I've not seen it before.
From that I think I can be fairly sure mine is a 77 as I first thought it might be. I has the block lower case logo 6 digit number starting 148 ending in 77. Nice guitar recently bought from Ebay needs the action sorting out but is otherwise fine. It would be nice to know what others think. I will try to post some pictures soon.

It is a 1977, the last two digits give the year, the format changed around 1980 to 1984, just to help confuse us all.

I know that 1983 and 1984 serial the year is identified by the first digit only.

eg 400xxxx is 1984 and has a 7 digit serial

eg 100xxx is 1981 and has a 6 digit serial

Yours is 1977 is xxxx77 6 digit serial

Of interest can you post a pic of the label inside? just wondering if it has the newer label or older label 'cat's eyes'

thanks!
mick

First posted an enquiry about this guitar in 2008, took me a while to get back but am here now hopefully with the pictures I had intended to load up, if I can fiqure out how to do it! Which I can't and is probably the reason I took so long.
I can see no way to attach images, so if anyone can advise I'll have a go pretty quickly.[/list]

Back