Orville by Gibson Explorer

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muccax

Reaction score
hi
just won this one ,,,,,, can anybody tell me something about it ...
not mint but it looks ok ,,,,,,
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22552280@N02/sets/72157623261077203/
all the best
otto

hi
i hope so ...... :D ,,, do you know if it is in nitro ,,,, i can not find anything about obg explorer on the net ,,,,,,, :D :D i mean what kind of wood pickups and paint ,,,,, found something about a orville explorer :D :D
all the best
otto

Hi Otto,

Here is some information for you, hope this helps.

Your explorer is a 92 made Terada Explorer. The neck pick up is a Gibson one that was standard for many of the ObG's (it is not a '57 classic). The bridge pick up should have had the same patent no but I can't see it on the pictures so then you would have to presume that it is a replacement part and perhaps the make will remain unknown. What you could try to do is to measure the DC resistance and see if it is in line with the neck pick up. If it measures a lot more, then you can be certain that it is a replacement part because the orignals would have been quite matched, for example. 7,9 Ohms in the neck and 8,2 in the bridge or something similar, but not 9,5 or 11 if you know what I mean.

I can't give you any information about the wood or finish. Main question is, how does it sound and play for you? If you're happy with it, that is all that matters.

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Joop

hi
and thank yoy very much .... i did belive the pickups were original ,,, :D :D
i dont have the guitar yet but it is on the way from japan now ,,,
:D :D so i will have to wait and see when i get it
all the best
otto

hi
i got the guitar now ..... and it looks like the pickups are stock :D :D
99% sure they are original to the guitar :D :D