Paisley Love Rock

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Spotted a paisley Love Rock in Denmark Street today. Now apparently, these are quite rare according to the last Ebay auction of this model a couple of weeks ago. They are new, but supposedly made in Japan. It seems that Tokai only built them as a fancy exhibition piece for shows. Most turned up here in the UK but there are a couple in America.

Having seen one in the flesh I?m not sure I like the looks now. But the pictures on Ebay sure looked good and I was tempted.

Any other news on this version?

I was talking to the guy who owns Wizard Guitars in Doncaster a while ago (about a year or so), and he was telling me about some custom order Tokai's he was getting in, which he had made the order through the Distributor, who is relatively local to the area.

When he told me about his custom order for 3 Paisley Love Rocks, I smirked and thought of the Paisley Tele's, and then thought of ordering a "Black Beauty" Custom loaded with P90's (there's a thought Tokai insider's.....HINT HINT).

These things seem to be cropping up all over the place and now there's Paisley SG's too!

Guitar Gallary in Oxford have one of the paisley SG's.

There appears to be two finishes one is a dark burst the other is a cherry burst.
If you have a look at Wizard guitars you'll see examples of both.
I think the cherry is 'interesting' but the dark burst is ugly!

GB

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: guitarboy on 2002-06-19 07:52 ]</font>

I have 3 Paisley Tele's and never paid more than $300 with case, the one I got for $300 the guy threw in a Tokai "Champ" Amplifier!

Back