whaaaaaats your fav pick & strings????

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SUSHI GUY

Reaction score
8) i have tried many picks and strings in the past like everyone has and this combi has been my best ever since the early 90s. it was a struggle before i met these and those struggling times were uncomfortable if i recall then now. it felt like the extensions of my hands when i first tried them. it has become a part of me since and i cant seem to leave them alone for forever. its very much as i cant live w/o them. its one of my worst fears that if ernie ball stopped making that pick then what i be like w/o? i know they never stop making the slinkys but their picks?........i got worried big time once so i just bought 80 of this ernie ball picks and it was in 1991 or something.......j.

@ (Cellulose Acetate Nitrate) tortoise Shell, Heavy 0.94mm

9122.png

@ Super Slinky Nickel Wound .009 - .042 Pink pack

P02223.png

@ i also use the earnie ball poly straps usually.........

8)

:) so whats your fav picks and strings and straps and drinks????? i am so dew addicted for a long time now......j

Bloody Mick and his Zakk Wylde fixation...it's rubbing off:
My picks
ZWICONPIX.JPG

And my strings
boomers_cl.jpg

I used to use Boomers many MANY years ago and I've recently gone back to them.

Good to see the "stiff" picks there guys. I was talking to Tommy Emanual in Sydney a few years back and he told me that " if you can bend your pick then throw it away" he went on to say that the light and shade should come from your hands, not your pick.... :D I use D'andrea Pro Grip 1.21mm Picks, they have a "rough" finish and i like that, i sweat a lot and used to lose a few picks, not any more.. I use DR and Dunlop strings depending on the gauges, DR for the 10-52's and Dunlop for anything up too 70-12's...

http://muzyczny.pl/pokaz.pl?id=105987&utm_source=nokaut.pl&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=2009-09&utm_content=105987

Mick

JohnA said:
Dunlop small stubby 3mm

PP-474P303.jpg

D'addario 10-52's
EXL140.jpg
------------->Refraining from comments about Poms and their "short and stubby's" :p

I like Gibson Vintage(now discontinued) strings 0.010 and I tried after a knowledge person recomendation Scalar strings and I can say these are my favourites,great feel.Regarding pics I feel more comfortable using fingers and nails but I like Dunlop 1 mm. pics.

luis said:
I like Gibson Vintage(now discontinued) strings 0.010 and I tried after a knowledge person recomendation Scalar strings and I can say these are my favourites,great feel.Regarding pics I feel more comfortable using fingers and nails but I like Dunlop 1 mm. pics.

8) gibson vintage......very cool luis!

For picks:

Dunlop Jazz III Stiffo Sharp - 1.38mm

Strings:

D'Addario EXL115's nickel wound (11 - 49 sometimes with the high E replaced with a 12)

i use dunlop gator grip 1.5mm, and rotosound 9s/pinks (for E tuning, anyway). I think I'm going to try those Newtone strings next, though, I've been hearing some good things about them.

Strings - 10 to 52. I used Ernie Balls for years, but I've tried various other brands recently, depending on what I can get for a decent price. I'm not sure there's a huge difference between brands.

Plectra - Jim Dunlop USA Nylon 1mm - the black ones.

Mike

Latest posts

Back