Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pedals for a newbie
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> FX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
warxy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahhh, so i have a chance with the polytune? it really looks cool
DaveWW
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've just got meself a Line 6 PD HD300. Initially I wasn't impressed as the presets on it are absolutely useless...... but having spent most of the week getting to know it and reprogramming the settings I've got to say it's pretty amazing and sounds fantastic. The amp sims on it are superb and sound great even through the front end of my tube amp

Dave
JohnA
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveWW wrote:
Well, I've just got meself a Line 6 PD HD300. Initially I wasn't impressed as the presets on it are absolutely useless...... but having spent most of the week getting to know it and reprogramming the settings I've got to say it's pretty amazing and sounds fantastic. The amp sims on it are superb and sound great even through the front end of my tube amp

Dave

Amazing value those HD300's still trying to work out why they are cheaper than the m9, but seem to have more on them!! I'll be round to have a play with that
DaveWW
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be good Yep, it's amazing value for what it does. It's probably a bit harder to set up than the M9 but that's about it I think. The HD 500 is also easier to use having more individual rather than multi function knobs and it has a larger display showing more of the features. However, if you set it up with the supplied PC editing software it's a pierce of cake. I've now got it set on a range of amps with minimal effects and it's now dead easy to tweak on the unit itself.

Dave
warxy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think ive plugged into a HD300 when i was shopping for a les paul. The preset was extremely unimpressive, everything (all kinds of strat, tele and LP) plugged into it sounded dull. I doubt it sounds any better than my X3
DaveWW
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The FX are based on the new M Series stomp boxes which I think do sound better than the other pod stuff. I agree out of the box the presets are awful but after setting it up properly It's pretty damn good. You need to know what you're doping though and it took me quite a while to set it up properly.

Have a listen to these and their other demos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiibPLP-iCU&feature=player_embedded

It does deliver what they say
warxy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, thats some nice tones from the pod in the video!
DaveWW
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite a good review on the HD500 with some simpler samples from the HD300 here as well.

http://www.musicradar.com/gear/all/guitars/fx/modelling/pod-hd500-339039/review/3
warxy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeha those sound clips really demostrated the tonal awesome of the new pod. Now i am quite tempted in getting one..

Anyway, my polytune and CAE wah arrived the other day and im having great fun with it. Still havnt tried the polytune in a more dark setting thou. Now i just need to get a overdrive or some sort. Thinking about one of those BYOC overdrive 2 pedals.

Oh and ive built a homemade pedal board using those ikea gorm board stuff. Have to say, it was quite fun making it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> FX All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: