Tokai VS models.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luis

Reaction score
I have only seen a couple of these guitars.They are in the Ibanez Satriani way,altough they came first.Nice flamed? tops in green and orange.2 humbuckers.Guitars made for rockin'.
Peter,Ned,Michael and all,do you know anything about these beauties?

Haven't actually seen one myself but have been discussing a shredder model, 24 frets, hard tail, H/S/S config. Whattya think? Tokai actually made a 27 fret model back in the late 80's early 90's.

Ned

Hola luis,
I have not seen this model before either.
Can you send a pic, or link site. I would be interested to see one.
The only real shredder model I remember was the JSX70 (SRV catalog, p9) Michael has one of these so he would be a good starting point.

Peter

Hola Luis,

I found the VS80 on page 30 of the 1982 catalog. It is listed as a Limited Production guitar. It reminds me of the Ibanez 'Roadstar' series that were a strat-style body with no scratchplate, 2 humbuckers mounted directly to the body and the knobs drilled thru body.
It looks like the top was figured maple, so the back might have been mahogany. The 'springy sound' maple neck really sets the whole thing off nicely.

regards
Peter

Latest posts

Back