love rock 'pre - loved'?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cornelius bonobo

Reaction score
Looking to get hold of a loverock, I'm not really fussy about colours or cosmetics, just something pretty basic with decent tone.
What can I expect to pay in the UK for a second had one? Bit of a vague question I know, but given that some guy is asking $1295 for one I'm not sure if I can afford one.

It really depends on what you're looking for cornelius.
If its an 80s model then its more a case of if you can find one, as they crop up far less frequently than the Fender replicas. A guy on ebay (.co.uk not .com) is selling an 85 Goldtop and has put in a starting bid of ?695. Seems a bit pricey to me as a starting bid and it seems that I'm not alone there as nobody else has put in a bid on it yet. Then again, it seems like everybody wants them nowadays so that could be about the going price.
If you're not fussy about having an old one then you're looking at the Japanese or Korean reissues. I guess the thing to do there would be to look at new prices and knocked off about a quarter to a third for good condition second hand? I'm just guessing of course - I haven't actually seen to many of the recent ones going second hand yet. Seems like people are finding them to be 'keepers'.

James

I haven't seen many second hand Love Rocks, though the price you've seen them for surprises me. Must be an old one like james said.

Have you tried one of the new ones? they start at about ?600 and rise to ?750 / ?800, and they're pretty darn good, with a useable tone, as the pickups are PAF types.

But as james said, they're "keepers".

If you want a Love Rock that Gold Top is a gem at that price! Iwould buy it for myself but I dropped 2k a week ago at the Dallas Guitar Show on a Kendrick "Texas Crude" amp and two more Paisley Tele's! Now I have 3, two Tokais and one Fender. Good Luck!

Back