Love Rock LS75Q

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dabluesman

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new.. just registered. I want to know from any of you who have owned or have played the LS75Q, your opinions of it. I'm thinking of ordering one from Japan. These are more on par with gibson's than the eqi's, right? What do you think of the neck shape, pickups, electronics, bridge, nut & tuners, and about how much do these weigh? I hope this is not too much to ask. Thanks!

-dabluesman
http://dabluesman.com

I don't own a tokai. Im looking to pick up a LS70F though. The reviews I have read are great. The necks and finish are supposed to be really great, and they are supposed to osund good any everything too.

Just wondering, where are you ordering from?

I have an LC65 and a Gibson LP Studio, and I have tried a few Tokai's Love Rocks and ES's out.

The LS75Q has a nice top, especially the dark one. Construction wise, its an LP. Neck wise, its an LP. Hardware is all quality Gotoh gear, including pickups which are "vintage voiced", some like 'em, some don't. I've recently replaced mine, I liked the voicing of the originals, but didn't like the output (was looking for higher).

These are real VFM guitars, which should serve you well. Good hunting.

Gotoh PAFS plays very well, giving you a real LP tone,but they are a little microphonic.

I own LS75Q and it's great. I have had it only for two months but still...

I changed stock pickups to Seymourd Duncan Alnico II Pros, becaus I wanted clear neck pickup and smoother bridge pickup.

Those Gotoh pickups are ok to me but little muddy, APHs are more detailed, dynamic and clearer yet smoother. And got them cheap 115?...

Are the maple tops a real quilt or a "FotoFlame" type?

-by the way, it just got shipped out today. It looks like I will be an official Tokai member/owner pretty soon.

The maple tops are real. They basically take a nice flamed or quilted wood and create a thin top. This allows them to make more tops from a piece of wood.

Ned

Hello Peeps.Just wanna let u peeps know i am now a proud owner of LS75Q in HDC colour.
I paid ?799:00 which i fink is pretty reasonable for such a lovely guitar..im so amazed at the quilted maple top,i know its only laminated on a maple cap i dunno how much it differs to the real thing but its does look pretty.I now spend my time mostly looking and staring at my LS75Q instead of playing it and my other guitars dont even get a look in.
"Big up to de peeps at Tokai..innit"
Im thinking of changing pick-ups which seymours would best suit my LS75Q?
Ive also booked this guitar for a face lift
im having real mother of pearl or abalone (not sure..which,yet)crown inlays installed in 2 weeks

Ermm..i think the stock inlays are plastic,maybe im wrong,they sure enough looks like plastic,anyway it would be a much better looker with quality M.O.P or Abalone.

Dabluesman,
Printed on the back of the volume pots are, Made In Japan B500k and A500k on the tone pots with 1h223k printed on the green capacitors,hope that helps you out.

Thanks for all the info! It came in today (took just 4 days from Japan.) I went home on my lunch break to check it out. All I can say is "Wow", I'm very impressed. Action is low and nice, intonation is right on, I raised the neck pickup just a tad. It has all the tone of a Les Paul, looks better than a Les Paul, and costs less than half of a Les Paul. I can't wait to get back home to play it some more. Me very happy!

Dabluesman,
Which colour did you get? mine's in HDC dunno what it means but its gorgeous,
what do you think of the pick-ups?
When funds allow i will purchase another 1 but this time it will be LS200 but its hard trying to find 1 in a shop in london,i'd like to be able to play 1 b4 purchase so i can do an A-B Test to compare the difference in tonal qualities between LS200 and LS75F.
Maybe some1 here can advise...
TOKAI ROCKSSSS!!

Dabluesman,
Which colour did you get? mine's in HDC dunno what it means but its gorgeous,
what do you think of the pick-ups?
When funds allow i will purchase another 1 but this time it will be LS200 but its hard trying to find 1 in a shop in london,i'd like to be able to play 1 b4 purchase so i can do an A-B Test to compare the difference in tonal qualities between LS200 and LS75F.
Maybe some1 here can advise...
TOKAI ROCKSSSS!!

De Guv'Nor, mine is that HDC (Heritage Dark Cherry) too. I'm going to replace the pickups with humbuckers from Bill Lawrence, I'm not sure which models yet though. I'm looking for a less muddy/more clear neck pickup and a fuller sounding bridge pickup. Other than that I couldn't be happier, it's a really great guitar! The ebony boards of the LS200 and the other one turned me off (I like rosewood) so thats why I choose the LS75Q (well that and the quilt top.) I'm interested in the double-cut's but it will be a while before I can even think about getting one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dabluesman on 2002-04-09 15:57 ]</font>

new pic's
<a href="http://dabluesman.com/Tokai.htm">dabluesman.com/Tokai.htm</a></font></b></p>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dabluesman on 2002-04-12 09:41 ]</font>

Hey,that looks familiar...hehehe
Did yours come with a p/guard cause mine did,i noticed from the pictures in the catologue that it is without.
Is that an original gibbo case or tokai?what is the quality like?

Back