AST33 Review

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerslinger

Reaction score
Great review Ned. I bought one of the Korean '52 Tele's on ebay. My first impression was disappointment as I was expecting the same quality as my Love Rock and Japanese Fender Strat,But after a few jams amd reflecting on the price $299. US, I have reconsidered and consider it a great guitar for the price. As you said it blows away Korean or Mexican Fenders. I too was impressed with the fret work and neck. Mine needed a setup which helped greatly. Everyone who has seen/played it has been impressed. Would mine be a ATE33?
I also had to hold myself back from buying a Seafoam Green Goldstar on ebay recently,it looked beautiful.I saved the jpg image to look at now and then :grin:

The model depends on the color and pick guard. Most of the 33's have the pearloid pick guard and non-standard colors. If not then it is a AST28.

Ned

I also had to hold myself back from buying a Seafoam Green Goldstar on ebay recently,it looked beautiful.I saved the jpg image to look at now and then :grin:

Was it this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=852290246

Cause that one is sitting next to me right here....:smile:

Not that one,but one identical. It's a beauty.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: beerslinger on 2002-03-28 19:49 ]</font>

Based on what I've seen in the catalogs mine would be a ATE33. The body is solid wood, not plywood which is quite evident with the transparent finish. The only dif I see between mine and the catalog is the Pick Guard. Mine is black and the catalog shows white.

Back