Truss Rods

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerslinger

Reaction score
I've noticed looking at the catalogues that most of the recent Fender copies do not seem to have a truss rod, or at least not one adjustable at the headstock.What gives with that.The reason that this was brought to my attention is the fact that the Tokai Tele I recently purchased on ebay doesn't appear to have a truss rod.Should I be concerned? Neck relief seems fine now but will time take it's toll?
Other than that it seems to be a decent guitar for the price,but definately not in the same league as my Love Rock or Japanese Fender.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: beerslinger on 2002-03-09 23:12 ]</font>

I think all guitars manufactured today has truss rods. Probably yours is adjustable from the other end like old Fender's. You'll have to loosen the strings and then loosen the neck to be able to make the adjustment. Normally the adjustment screw is visible if you look at the end of the neck where it joins the body, but not always.

Michael

Thanks Javelin70,If there is an adjustment at the other end it is not visable with the neck attached.I will loosen it this weekend and see.Like you said, I thought all guitars had adjustable truss rods in this day and age,that's why I was concerned when this one didn't seem to have one.

Hi Guys,

Just a bit of trivia, but the original Fender Broadcaster from 1948 and early 1949 did not have a truss rod. They were first installed in late '49.
The "skunk stripe" is to fill the cavity route for a truss rod on a 1-piece neck whereas the necks with seperate fingerboards (rosewood, ebony, maple)the routing can be done from the top with the fingerboard covering it.

regards
Peter

Back