Hunting for Tokai's

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tokaiguy

Reaction score
I was in East Texas yesterday and as I always do hit some of the little music stores and pawnshops looking for something cool. Found a Talbo in metallic orange/yellow with copper hardware, two humbuckers and black pickgaurd.Looks like a flaming pineapple! Bought it along with a really rare item a Orville Custom in white, this was the first one I have seen other than in books . It is Gibson made for the Japanese market, a Les Paul with Orville on the headstock. Feels like a 70's Gibson , any info would be helpfull! Paid $500 for both , He wanted $400 for the Les Paul!! The search continues!!

Barry I have seen any Epiphone Japan listed on some used lists.Epiphone moves its production to Japan on 1970.I think Orville by Gibson is a Japan licensed Gibson.Production started on 1990,just when Epiphones moves its production to Korea.See Gruhn,s Guide for more information.These Orville are priced as similar as the other Japanese LPs replicas.

Dude,

I don't like you. A Talbo, that is to cool. You've got to send pictures of that one in.

Ned

Got a call last night from a fellow in Houston Tx who bought an Orville SG off of Ebay about six months ago and wants to know if I would be interested in selling my Custom. We are going to meet this weekend in Houston and see about a sale or a trade. He has offered to double my purchase price if the guitar is as clean as I say it is. He has a Rickenbacker collection,a few Love Rocks and two Korina Ibanez V's from the 70's ! I'm leaving tomarrow for Houston to celebrate my best freinds 50th birthday{bought him a California Duster, a fart machine, and 2 dozen Jamaican beef patties}Will take care of biz first! Then tear up Houston! Will let you know what I end up with! ...Guitar wise! Have a great weekend!!

Just got back from Houston, traded the Orville heads up for a 67'black Rickenbacker 340/12 toaster pickups in jet-glo/ black with case and mint condition . This guy has an air conditioned 3 car garage behind his house with over 200 guitars ,50 -60 vintage amps. 2 Les Paul Reborns and 2 Burney's but the major part of the collection was Ric's and Japanese rare birds, plexi Spectrum,a flawless Greco with a AAAflame that was amazing! Ned, the aircraft hanger next to the guest house had more German high-perf cars than you could imagine. I spent Friday night in the Guest house after playing with all the cars and guitars !! It was like Christmas for a middle-aged man!

Latest posts

Back