lefty love rocks

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are definately lefty Love Rocks available. Head over to the catalogs page on the main site (www.tokairegistry.com) and check out page 15 of the 2000 catalog.

Ned

thanks for the reply,those look like the korean made ones, i was looking for something along the lines of the ls320. i emailed G.U. but no respnse yet

The UK Importer does 2 models:

http://www.tokai-guitars.co.uk/Lefty_als53l.html - Korean Love Rock

http://www.tokai-guitars.co.uk/Lefty_sg48l.html - Japanese (?) SG

The SG style Tokai is made from Nato, which would imply Korean origin. I'm not enthusiastic about the Korean Love Rock because of the wood choices. What is it?..Alder with Sycamore cap? There are other Korean LP copies that are made from mahogany. I wish Tokai had done the same.
I browsed through the old Tokai catalogs and it looks like they never had a Japanese Lefty Love Rock. Too bad, as I'd love to have one.

On 2002-01-16 00:14, arnoldziffle wrote:
The SG style Tokai is made from Nato, which would imply Korean origin. I'm not enthusiastic about the Korean Love Rock because of the wood choices. What is it?..Alder with Sycamore cap? There are other Korean LP copies that are made from mahogany. I wish Tokai had done the same.
I browsed through the old Tokai catalogs and it looks like they never had a Japanese Lefty Love Rock. Too bad, as I'd love to have one.

I've been hunting around for information recently on this front (see my thread on Lefty Tokai SGs) - it does seem that the only two models available - at least here in the UK - are very much the budget models compared to the right hander... the attraction of Tokai is that I know they build an SG which is an exact replica of the Gibson for several hundred pounds less.... I have no problem with Korean manufacture per se, but i want the "real deal" rather than the "Epiphone" version (I know they're probably way ahead of Epis, but still...)

My information on availabilty and construction comes from the latest info on the UK website -
http://www.tokai-guitars.co.uk/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Edward on 2002-02-28 06:18 ]</font>

On 2001-12-26 02:28, mpyne wrote:
anyone know if theyre out there?

Where in the world are you? If you're in the UK, i'd try Holiday Music - they have a department called "Leftys", and claim to have the biggest stock of left handers in Europe... very good people, very nice to deal with (bought my Epi LP there), and ther stuff is good and reasonably priced. And to have somewhere where you can walk in and have a whole room full of stuff you can actually take down and play..... HEAVEN! :eek:)

Holiday Music
Address 579 High Road
Leytonstone
London
E11 4PB
Telephone 0208 558 2666/3773
Fax 0208 556 3000

No website, unfortunately....

Nearest tube station (if you're handy) is Leytonstone, Zone 3 on the tube - bit of a walk from there, but worth it!

Latest posts

Back