1992 Orville by Gibson in MINT condition for sale

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joop

Reaction score
Hi, I may decide to sell my "museum piece" which is an immaculate Orville by Gibson 1992 Terada made cherry sunburst Les Paul. I have just bought a tobacco burst ObG and that is my preferred colour. Also, the cherry one is in such mint condition that I prefer not to play it. There is not a single scratch, or ding on it!

I don't know about the type of finish or the exact type of PU's (how do you know they are '59 classics??) but the sound is great and with quite a warm sound.

Price? Well, because of its condition it will not come cheap. I am thinking of around Pds. 1,000 European shipping and gigbag included. But then again, I don't think that you will find another 1992 guitar that is in such a condition as mine is. It is not near mint, it is mint, full stop!

I must say that for some strange reason the guitar came to me (from Japan) with different Gibson PU's and I put in the PU's of a 1994 Orville by Gibson but I don't know what Gibson PU's they are, I only know the guitar that they came from was in original state when I bought it.

I would include pictures but I don't know how to upload them here. Perhaps I will become a member of photo bucket and then I can send you the link. In the mean time, I can send pictures to an email address, so if you send me a PM with your email address, I can send you some pictures.

There is no guarantee that I won't change my mind and keep it, because it is in such a fine condition, but I await your reactions.

Regards,

Joop

Hi Guys,

Well, I just went over the guitar with a fine comb and to my dismay I have discovered that there is a 2-3mm blemmish on the head stock and a few pin head markings which make the guitar a near mint condition and not mint.

Hence the price will be Pds 950 but I am extremely critical here (concerning the pin head markings, I doubt if other people would even mention them). Still a wonderful example...

But I am a higly critical person when it come to guitars and when people call something mint, it should be 100% perfect, not 99%.

Regards,

Joop

If you have Photobucket, then you can post pictures here. Just copy the image code and paste it right into your forum message. That's it.

Nice write up but a picture is worth a thousand words :wink:

Hi, Marcus,

Sorry, but I am not a member yet but I will organise this at some stage. In the mean time, I have already received PM's with email addresses and I have sent off the pictures.

If you're seriously interested, all you need to do is send a PM.

Regards,

Joop

Hi,

The guitar is now on ebay, here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=280276549225

It is probably one of nicest guitars out there.

If you want more info, please send me a private message.

Regards,

Joop

Latest posts

Back